52 Controller pics for us HTPC users

marxkemp

Awesome! Do you use that little script for the xbox button to work? If it's not much to ask can you also upload the psd, because I use select.

ChrisKant

RL Member
how can I configure the Xbox Guide Button??? and how can I configure xpadder for just press or hold??

Theses pics are awesome...

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
marxkemp is correct. xbox guide button isn't supported in xpadder. the easiest solution I have found is to add antimicro to my HyperSpin Startup Script. I only use it for mapping the guide button. It works perfectly.

In my case, I map the guide button to HyperPause, so I don't ever change it on a per system/game basis

Ninja2bseen

RL Member

trnzaddict

RL Member
Pretty nice. Can you upload those rocketlauncher controller art to hyperspin? Mapping the home button with this app

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/index.p...-X360-Guide-Button---Executable-+-Source-Code

(Tapatalk)

Yea that's what I've been using to map the guide button for a few years now.

As far as uploading these to HS, well I was going to....but then I forgot rlauncher is now separate from HS and they would not accept this art there.

Anyway, I fixed some of the images that I did not like and zipped them up....the controllers here: https://mega.co.nz/#!xMFC1ayS!Zc_W19_7kMq_7a7QMKRqti-mSdSWfev29x8F4fkaSDg

Marx, knock yourself out. The PSD here: https://mega.co.nz/#!lNMThK5L!dYVrxJtDHSVpNzWgvdIlMmef39M_lINo_5SiQsXwgQs

Hope you guys use em, they took 6 days to make.

rfancella

Super Moderator
Supporter
RL Member
Hi all,
I also found a little utility that will shut off your 360 controller with a script.
No more pulling the battery pack out. ;)
http://pety.me/XboxExt/
When HS or your favorite FrontEnd closes, just add this to the process as a bat/cmd and it will shutdown all 360 controllers connected. ;)

Code:
@echo off
start xboxext.exe /off 1
start xboxext.exe /off 2
start xboxext.exe /off 3
start xboxext.exe /off 4

Thanks,
Ron

Potts43

RL Member
Thanks for the psd..looks complicated to navigate the individual controllers without a brain meltdown [emoji38]

Is there an easy system to workout which lines and button layers go with which controller? [emoji5]️

Last edited:

AxelTerizaki

RL Member
That's some great screens. I'm using Xbox 360 controllers too so I'm quite happy with those! Thank you!

I've got a question though : how do you display those screens? Where should I put them? Can they show right before launching an emulator?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Put it in the fade folder if you want it before the game loaded in the _default and you would have to rename the layer. If u want it in pause u need to put them in your controllers/artwork folder

(Tapatalk)

Potts43

RL Member
Or...rename them to

Instruction Card bottom centre or anyone of the locations and they can be displayed over the bezel at the press of a key during gameplay

trnzaddict

RL Member
Is there an easy system to workout which lines and button layers go with which controller on the PSD? [emoji5]️

Potts, unfortuntely no. I did this out of utter boredom at work so I don't go insane and I was just dragging and dropping from google images into PS, before I knew I already had 25 done and was like "Well why not finish these and release them".
If I had intentions of doing this for the community from the get go I would of released ach image as it's own PSD file which would of had the arrows going to each controller.

Why what do you need done? Maybe if it's not too much work I can help you?

The arrows are just there so people can move them around and have the access to different ones as they please, they all are not lined up with each controller....

Potts43

RL Member
Potts, unfortuntely no. I did this out of utter boredom at work so I don't go insane and I was just dragging and dropping from google images into PS, before I knew I already had 25 done and was like "Well why not finish these and release them".
If I had intentions of doing this for the community from the get go I would of released ach image as it's own PSD file which would of had the arrows going to each controller.

Why what do you need done? Maybe if it's not too much work I can help you?

The arrows are just there so people can move them around and have the access to different ones as they please, they all are not lined up with each controller....

Thanks for replying. I love the concept but my setup uses slightly different buttons so I was going to just edit the bits I needed but quickly realised that the psd was a little unorganised (sorry to say it[emoji12]) I'm fairly well versed in PS so I am able to structure your PSD so it's intuitive but wondered if you had used a system to speed things up but not to worry I'll spend a hour or so tiding things up. Thanks for sharing your work. It has inspired me to get it done[emoji38]

trnzaddict

RL Member
Thanks for replying. I love the concept but my setup uses slightly different buttons so I was going to just edit the bits I needed but quickly realised that the psd was a little unorganised (sorry to say it[emoji12]) I'm fairly well versed in PS so I am able to structure your PSD so it's intuitive but wondered if you had used a system to speed things up but not to worry I'll spend a hour or so tiding things up. Thanks for sharing your work. It has inspired me to get it done[emoji38]

System? No dude lol. Import controller, put on the background, drag and rotate arrows, ditto for buttons, import a logo, and add any additional text that the player should know. Everything was just manually done, and the reason there are so many arrows is I just kept duplicating the layers and trimming them and such just out of laziness so I wouldn't have to make new ones.