AHK not selectable in RLUI?

Eidern

RL Member
Hello,
I'm trying to get key mapping work with AHK.
So far i've done this :
-In a machine setting under the Keymapper tab, i've created new AHK profile for the machine
- then I've added basic keymap entries to test

If I launch the system as it is from RL, the keymap do nothing.

So I go under the setting tab for the selected machine, and If if i set "Keymapper Enabled" to "true",
I'll get the error message asking me to select a keymapper either xPadder or joy2Key.

But i want to use only AHK, how is it possible?

Eidern

RL Member
Either i've choosed Internal /External /Use global I get the same message :
"You've a keymapper support enabled but you didn't choose a keymapper to use. please set it to joy2key, xpadder or use_global. "
So If I set the keymapper to use_global it says it cannot find Xpadder (normal, i don't have it).
And if i set it to blank, i get the above error message.

Eidern

RL Member
No clues?
should it work with what i described above and so it'd means that it's another problem (windows conflict and so),
or is there some other thing that I've forgot to set up ?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
That seems to be a bug, I'll try to look at it later.
For now you can download JoyToKey since it's free and set the keymapper to joytokey this will allow you to start the games and since you don't have any joytokey profiles it will never be used.

Eidern

RL Member
That seems to be a bug, I'll try to look at it later.
For now you can download JoyToKey since it's free and set the keymapper to joytokey this will allow you to start the games and since you don't have any joytokey profiles it will never be used.

Okay I'll do that,
thanks

Eidern

RL Member
Gosh, Now that I've installed Joytokey, I realise that the soft only sees joysticks and pads,
not my XArcade twinstick that's set as a keyboard :'(

I'll have to wait for your bug hunt then...

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Uh? Why does that even matter? It's not like you are going to use it... do the maps in AHK you just need to have JTK to bypass the error.

Eidern

RL Member
Uh? Why does that even matter? It's not like you are going to use it... do the maps in AHK you just need to have JTK to bypass the error.

I didn't even think about this... :D

Edit :
now it's working fine by bypassing the error using joytoKey

And if I delete the remap, everything works on the keyboard..

Last edited:

zlazovski

RL Member
I tried this exact same thing, but never got my AHK to work. It's just a simple Mbutton::Esc and tests fine, but has no effect, even after installing Joy2Key. I did get it to work by manually adding MButton in the Exit emulator along with the Esc button, but this setup doesn't seem to work as MButton causes Demul .5 that I'm using to Marvel vs Capcom 2 to hang my PC. Ironically, it exits fine using Esc.... grrrr.

Last edited: