An easy simple Module Request

Flostingyeti

RL Member
Is there a basic module that just opens a file and sends alt+F4 for exit?

I'm aware of the PClauncher module and am using it but I was hoping for something simpler.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Short answer: No, the PCLauncher module is probably the closest to that other than the Casual Games module.

Longer answer: The way RL works that's not really feasible. RL needs to know the window title/class in order for things like fade and pause to work correctly. I could probably create a barebones module where you could specify the window title/class and command line params through module settings but it would have some caveats.

What exactly is your potential use case?

Flostingyeti

RL Member
I was actually using it with RPCS3. I have the eboot.bin files associated with RPCS3 so the pclauncher launches a shortcut file to launch each game. Yes there is a proper module but I had some issues and don't want to fuss with it.

for some reason CloseMethod -> Send Alt+F4 doesn't work.

But in general this could be a good temporary option when waiting for better modules to come along, provided the emulator can auto launch when opening an associated rom.

Flostingyeti

RL Member
I actually mapped Alt+F4 to my controller and it work perfectly. I have ESC as my exit key like most people (I assume). I used JoyToKey to add Alt+F4 to the same button I mapped escape so it sends ESC,ALT,F4. This is not ideal for me because while everything works, someone could accidently close my FrontEnd with the controller.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Alt + F4 is not a good solution for any module, tbh. It can cause issues with things being saved.

I haven't looked at rpcs3 in a while (Mainly because I don't have interest in emulating it because I own original hardware) but it's possible that the module could be modified to do things "correctly".

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Yes, because just like I said, Alt + F4 is a bad combo,,,

Flostingyeti

RL Member
I agree with you but I still want to make it work in special cases. Is a basic module like I described not possible or something the community is unwilling to do according to preference?