AttractMode Databases

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Anyone have any filled databases for this FE? I recently started playing with it, linked to RL, and I'm kind of barren in terms of DBs. Or has anyone written a tool to convert RL/HS DBs to AM format?

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I may have written something to convert them back when I was messing with Attract Mode before I settled on a different frontend, I'll have to check.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ok great. I have the internal scraper working alongside RL system naming. But it leaves a db with just rom names and nothing else. Also can't scrape pc-game style systems.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
djvj, seems you can already convert HS databases to AM ones, looking at their docs:

You can also import romlists from mame listxml files as well as gamelists for
other frontends. Supported source files include: *.lst (MameWah lists), *.txt
(Attract-Mode lists) and *.xml (Mame listxml, listsoftware and HyperSpin lists):
attract --import-romlist <source_file> [emulator name]

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Lol yea another buddy told me about that. This works great:

attract.exe --import-romlist "D:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Databases\Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Super Nintendo Entertainment System.xml" "Super Nintendo Entertainment System"

That can be easily looped in AHK to convert an entire set of RLUI DBs to AM format.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Well that's good because I just checked and it looks like I got rid of my script when I trashed all my HyperSpin related scripts a while back.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
You're right (modern) men watch YouTube videos of some "expert" explaining you how to do it. A 1 hour video is much better than a 5 minutes read :)