AttractMode Frontend Plugin

Atrfate

Requesting attract mode database plugin

Attract mode Stores its Game file in a txt file, so it should be readable, And you have alot of front-ends listed but this isn't one

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Re: Frontend Plugin

I need to know what command arguments are supported in the emulator cfg files:

Code:
args                 "[rompath][name][romext]"

I need one for a system name if it exists. I could not find a list anywhere. Documentation seems slim.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer

I got RL working with AttractMode, is pretty easy for launching. Database support will require a bit more effort but is doable at least.

Atrfate

Yea it launches and works perfectly, its the database support that would help wounders. because you can do so much with this fronted being that each theme is fully programmable in anyway you want

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer

What about the arguments I asked above? I still need them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Atrfate

Tried posting once hope this isnt a double

The commands it accepts are
[romfilename] [romext] [emulator] [name] [romext]

To launch with Rlauncher set the emulator path to rocket, then add the [emulator] [romfilename]
and everything will launch correctly

The way AM stores its game information is in a text file located
Root am folder --->romlist ------> Emulatorname.TXT
The 1st line of a new list details what goes into between each ;
#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra

example of it filled out
deathsml;Deathsmiles (2007/10/09 MASTER VER);mame;;2007;Cave;Shooter;;;;;;;;;

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Atrfate, please refer to the CLi article on the wiki, do not use legacy CLI, it is only for Hyperspin users because HS has extremely limited CLI support. Every other front end out there should be using the proper CLI switches: http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Command_Line_Parameters

Thanks for the variables, that will make things much easier.

What you need to do in each Attractmode\emulators\*.cfg, open them all in notepad++ and change the executable and args to this:
Code:
executable           D:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
args                 -s "[emulator]" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"

Obviously edit your path to your RL exe. When you do that, your RL log will show this:
Code:
Main - Raw CLI received: "-s Nintendo Entertainment System -r 1942 (Japan, USA) -p AttractMode -f D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"

One other important thing is the system naems in Attractmode must match RL official names. So for NES, the emulator cfg looks like this:
Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg

It makes no sense to keep them the emulator names as what comes default with AttractMode as RL is now handling emulators, not the FE. Also, if you don't want to change the names, then you have to edit that -s "[emulator] to include the official name: -s "Nintendo Entertainment System".

Keeping the same CLI across all systems is a lot easier though.

Thanks for the DB info, I already noted that in the plugin. It may be some time before I try to get the db supported though.

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra

deathsml;Deathsmiles (2007/10/09 MASTER VER);mame;;2007;Cave;Shooter;;;;;;;;;

Thanks for the DB info, I already noted that in the plugin. It may be some time before I try to get the db supported though.

This DB shouldn't be too hard to parse. Its a csv file with semi-colons instead of commas...

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yea should be easy, go ahead and make it dustin. ATM, I'm playing witcher 3.

XxTookie38xX

RL Member

I got RL working with AttractMode, is pretty easy for launching. Database support will require a bit more effort but is doable at least.

hi djvj,

first, thank for all your efforts and implication on making RL the best launcher (thanks of course all the RL community too)

I would like to know how you did RL working with attractmode.

i add attractmode in the Rocketlauncherui/frontend tile, but i don't know what plugin to choose for:

RocketLauncherUI Plugin = (Auto Detect doesn't work, attractmode won't pass to active frontend, but with RocketLauncherUI attractmode pass to active when i click on the "sets selection as the active frontend")

RocketLauncher Plugin = no need explanations, attractmode selected of course.

systems list won't appears in the left (maybe you or another still working on this)

Edit: i try this (a few posts before mine, read too fast and missed it)

executable D:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
args -s "[emulator]" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"

With only rocketlauncher in the RLUI/Frontend settings, set as active and default.

create my system thru RLUI as i always did.

it works like a charm, powwwww fades and bezels available

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
When I get an FE working with RL, i take RLUI out of the mix. TO get RLUI would require a plugin for it, so there's no point in doing that before the RL side is working.

RLUI will not work with an FE if a plugin is not written for it. Until it is, you can just use the RLUI plugin but you will need to have your databases duplicated as they are from attractmode until then.

ArcadeBliss

RL Member
When I get an FE working with RL, i take RLUI out of the mix. TO get RLUI would require a plugin for it, so there's no point in doing that before the RL side is working.

RLUI will not work with an FE if a plugin is not written for it. Until it is, you can just use the RLUI plugin but you will need to have your databases duplicated as they are from attractmode until then.

I am passionate enought about AttractMode that i want to write a RLUI plugin for it. I looked into the plugin folders of RLUI expected to use Hyperspin's plugin as a place to start. The problem ist, it is in a binary PKG format. Brolly, can you give me a hint where I can look to start writing my own plugin? I have not been able to find docs on this process.

Thanks

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Look at any of the other plugin files, you'll need to have basic knowledge of C# as well. Basically you'll need to implement a few methods, one for each task (read systems list, read games list for a system, etc.).
The HyperSpin plugin is built-into RLUI so there's no external plugin file for it.

ArcadeBliss

RL Member
So I created the RLUI plugin to natively read AttractMode romlists and it seems to be working at least for me ( YMMV).

A little information regarding the plugin:
  1. The plugin reads your emulators folder and uses those as the system entries
  2. The corresponding romlist to the emulator will be read from the romlist folder in Attract mode
  3. If a corresponding romlist for the emulator is not found, it will read all romlists looking for entries that use the emulator. This was necessary because Attractmode can have multi emulator romlists. - Duplicate entries are automatically detected and removed from the RLUI system list.

View attachment AttractModePlugin.zip

Let me know if this is of any use to anyone. :)

Last edited:

ArcadeBliss

RL Member
Hi Brolly can you give me a tip what i need to change so that all info shows on the fade screen? After settibg the frontend plugins to AttractMode it no longer display

brolly

Administrator
Developer
That's controlled by the RL plugin not the RLUI one so you'd have to write one for it as well. The RLUI plugin only controls what happens inside RLUI.

I'll have a look at your plugin when I have some time and if it fits the quality standards I'll get it added to RLUI, thanks.