Best easy default way to show control mapping

Knewlife

RL Member
I use a x360 controller as my main controller and plan to buy 3 more as soon as I can. I want to display the controls for every system Or game in mame. All in a image of a 360 controller. This can be displayed in hyperpause or on a second screen using other software. Maybe include the original controller as reference.

That what I want... Now what can be done and how? That's my question because I have see many options and really don't know where to start...

An example:

Sin título.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
If you have a image of your controls.

You can display it on hyperpause using the controller or artwork menus.
You can display it on game using bezels and creating an instruction card.
You can display it on the fade by renaming the filename to layer 2 and placing on the fade folders.

Knewlife

RL Member
Ok so I should choose any metod I want there is no default place for this... Maybe the controller in hyperpause... There is some program to helpme create the images or should I make it in photoshop

Knewlife

RL Member

ok I like those images... Will use this for sure... Will need to use illustrator to modify or create the ones don't exists. What app do you use for display the images in a seccond monitor? I'm have tested hyperspinhelper... Allow to show a small controller image, and a list of controls... Not exactly what I want but HyperMarquee is very dificult to configure. I finally make it work but is slow and flash in white before show the images I setup... Don't know if there is some other option...

dougan78

RL Member
I havent set it up yet. Was planning on just using those in hyperpause.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dougan78

RL Member
If u really had time. Once you get the genres done for each system you can make 1 xml and combine them all then make 1 wheel. You would then need to set each game to a specific emulator. It is very doable though. Just takes some time. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Knewlife

RL Member
For now will keep using hyperspinhelper... So the images will have to wait as this app uses an XML with the buttons listed there. Its just easy to batch edit and XML than images... Also it includes button mapping for many mame games wich is really helpful.