[SOLVED] Bezels not working prperly

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe35car

RL Member
OK I had this issue before and can't figure out how to fix it again. Looked in the module notes but still can't get it to work. I want to use the official MAME bezels but it's using the RL ones. I tried to disable, enable them in RLUI. They work properly outside of RLUI. Attached my log.

Thanks

Attachments

• RocketLauncher.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 2

tonesmalone

RL Member
OK I had this issue before and can't figure out how to fix it again. Looked in the module notes but still can't get it to work. I want to use the official MAME bezels but it's using the RL ones. I tried to disable, enable them in RLUI. They work properly outside of RLUI. Attached my log.

Thanks

It's in the module settings. You can choose to use MAME or RL bezels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe35car

RL Member
Thanks for the response but tried to set the global settings to use the MAME bezels and still not working. I'm not sure why it's not working because I havn't changed anything in my setup. It's still using the RL bezels.

joe35car

RL Member
OK been testing a few options. When I switch my Global MAME emulator to MAMEUIFX it doesn't work properly in RLUI. When I set my Global emulator to MAME (Official MAME) it works. All the settings in RLUI are the same but only works on the MAME emulator. I checked my ini in MAMEUIFX and it's setup the same as the MAME ini's. Grrrrr

joe35car

RL Member
Yes still not working. Only works with Official MAME but if I change it using MAMEUIFX doesn't work in RLUI. Works fine outside.

Metalzoic

RL Member
Yes still not working. Only works with Official MAME but if I change it using MAMEUIFX doesn't work in RLUI. Works fine outside.

Hmmm... Maybe UIFX calls to them using a different peocess that the MAME.ahk just doesn't work with.
What's the benefit of running them in MAME instead of in RLUI? I've never tried them that way.

joe35car

RL Member
I like to use MAMEUIFX because it has some extra games and Hi-score support. I use the Official MAME64 for all my other systems like console, computer, handheld, etc... systems.

joe35car

RL Member
OK everything working now in MAMEUIFX except vector games. Has to be a setting I'm missing and will check my vector ini.

Metalzoic

RL Member
I like to use MAMEUIFX because it has some extra games and Hi-score support. I use the Official MAME64 for all my other systems like console, computer, handheld, etc... systems.

Yeah I use MAMEUIFX too (although doesn't Hi-Score only work for just a small handful of games?). I meant why do you want to run the bezels through MAME instead of through RL?

joe35car

RL Member
Yeah I use MAMEUIFX too (although doesn't Hi-Score only work for just a small handful of games?). I meant why do you want to run the bezels through MAME instead of through RL?

I meant I want to use the MAME bezels not the default bezels that come with RL

OK I got it to work just created a new vector.ini.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Go to MAME>Settings>Bezel>Bezel>Enabled and set it to false to disable the RL bezel
And them go to Modules>MAME.ahk>Edit Global Module Settings>MAME>Use_Bezels and set it to true to enable the MAME built in bezels.

joe35car

RL Member
Go to MAME>Settings>Bezel>Bezel>Enabled and set it to false to disable the RL bezel
And them go to Modules>MAME.ahk>Edit Global Module Settings>MAME>Use_Bezels and set it to true to enable the MAME built in bezels.

That's what I had. The problem was in my vector.ini. I just created a new one and works now. :) Thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.