[Bug?] Hold Time to Open Pause

mccorkled

RL Member
I used to have the hold time set to 3000ms on my controller to open the Pause menu. After one of the last updates this stopped working. When I edit the setting for Pause to "Hold" rather than "Single and set it back to 300ms and save it, it reverts back to "Single"

Can anyone else confirm this is happening?

Thank you.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
You'll need to explain it a bit better, is the problem in RLUI while saving the setting or is the problem with the actual Pause screen not respecting the saved setting when loading up?

mccorkled

RL Member
It's within RLUI itself. I save the 3000ms button hold setting and as soon as I hit save, exit the pause menu hotkey config, open it back up, the setting is set back to "Single"

brolly

Administrator
Developer
How exactly are you doing this? Are you using the "capture hotkey" button or are you typing your hotkey manually? If the latter you must type the hold time yourself, the keypress mode controls only apply when capturing the hotkey and it's working fine just tested it.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
pauseKey := "2joy8"? Not seeing any hold time set, also not sure if hotkeys work with joystick buttons (bleasby would need to chime in) so try with an actual keyboard key.

mccorkled

RL Member
I removed the hold time for troubleshooting purposes. That key is Start on a Xbox One controller and I had that set before when it was working.

mccorkled

RL Member
To test this further, I enabled a 3000ms hold time for the exit emulator key, and that is not working either. After pressing it, the emulator immediately exits. This leads me to believe it's a hold time error.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Did you test with an actual keyboard key and not a gamepad one?
It has been a long time since there have been any changes to the hotkey portion of the code.

mccorkled

RL Member
Did you test with an actual keyboard key and not a gamepad one?
It has been a long time since there have been any changes to the hotkey portion of the code.

Yes, I am using the keyboard to test. I just did it again, and set emulator exit to H3000:Esc and on instant press it closes the emulator.

RL Log
RLUI Log

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Your emulator is probably configured to exit on a single esc key press.
That is the problem with using esc as a exit key, you should avoid it.
Try to test using another keyboard key, a normal one like "e" or a function key for example, and see if it works.

By thr way, nothing has changed in ages on the key capture code.

Sent from my SM-J200M using Tapatalk

mccorkled

RL Member
By thr way, nothing has changed in ages on the key capture code.

Brolly mentioned that. I'm fine with the exit key being esc, but my trouble is with Pause. I used to be able to have it set to the start button on my xbox on controller no problem. Now it does not work. I posted the logs.

I would set them within Xpadder but the problem is that start is already used on most other systems for something else.

Last edited:

mccorkled

RL Member
Played with this some more. I set Pause to open by holding start for 2 seconds on my 360 controller. This doesn't work to open Pause, but if I am in Pause, pressing start works to close it...

mccorkled

RL Member
Anyone else have Pause opening using start on the 360 pad without it being mapped to a keyboard key?

Last edited: