Cannot get xpadder profiles to stay consistant

shadowphoenix

RL Member
I have 4 players
each player has the following:
8 way
8 control buttons
2 top buttons for start/coin/or exit

I believe I have them set correctly in xpadder. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
I need someone to take a quick look at the rlauncher setup I have corresponding with the player profiles.
Below are the images of where I am at.
IMG_8028.jpg
IMG_8029.jpg
IMG_8030.jpgIMG_8025.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8027.jpg
    IMG_8027.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 8

Spawk

Banned
Hello Shadowphoenix,

I only reply because nobody else does.

First I would like to say that keymappers are generally just used for gamepads (xbox/ps3) to convert the button presses into keystrokes. Since you seem to be running an actual cabinet your controls should be sending keystrokes already through it's own encoder (iPAC or similar). So I am unsure exactly what you are trying to control here. Do you want all 4 players to be able to control the navigation in HS? This sounds like a recipe for disaster if everyone is pushing different directions/buttons at once. Beyond navigation all controls should be set up in the emulators themselves. I DO NOT own an arcade cabinet so I am possibly missing something here but I was under the impression you can just configure stuff to whatever button presses your iPAC is sending. You can just open notepad and see what each button is sending by default. Please help me understand if I am incorrect in my assumptions.

If you still need to use a keymapper, and I may sound like a broken record to some people, but xpadder seems way more convoluted than it needs to be. JoyToKey was much easier and intuitive to use. It can handle up to something like 15 different devices in 1 profile. I have a mini tutorial written here:

https://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/39285-keymapper-help/?tab=comments#comment-315216

shadowphoenix

RL Member
I do not have a gamepad controller, just the cab so buttons and 8 way. I do want to be able still to control hyperspin with it. Wouldnt i need a mapper to do so?

Spawk

Banned
I don't think you do, but as I said, I don't own one so can't be %100 sure. You also haven't really said exactly what you're using. I know your buttons are already keypresses so you can just set them directly in HQ. I am however unsure how the actual joysticks work though. Does say pushing up on the joystick produce a keystroke in notepad? Maybe you do need something for that? Maybe something like the "startup script" is good enough for the navigation? There is more than 1 way to configure controls. I also thought iPAC had it's own config software... somewhere you can create different profiles if need be??? Is that just WINiPAC? are there different kinds?

In any case, for the reasons I stated above, I would have only 1 player that has control of the HS wheel. Multiple inputs from multiple players will under the best conditions just send the wheel into uncontrollable fits... More than likely it would just lock HS up so you have to taskmanager and kill it. So it kinda just makes no sense to me to be making profiles for all 4 players. HS/RL really care nothing for what your plans are for controlling each game. Once you pick a game it's all in the emulators hands. Speaking of which, HS and RL aside when you launch your games in the emulator itself, all 4 players are configured and work?