cant activate pause with controller

Lunchbox7985

RL Member
i set up everything with a wireless 360 controller and programmed hyperpause to start+select (or back as the xbox controller calles it). i also set up joytokey profiles so i can navigate the pause menu with the controller. everything works fine with that. now i also have a wired xbox one controller. when using that i cant activate pause.

if i activate pause with the keyboard or 360, i can exit pause with the xbox one controller
i have tried programming various other buttons/combos to actvate it with the one controller
i have both controllers programmed to activate it (1joy7+1joy8, and 2joy7+2joy8)
i have a fully portable setup, and i have tried it on a second computer that has only had the one controller hooked up to it.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

tonesmalone

RL Member
You will likely have more success using a key to active pause, then using a default joytokey profile in RL to assign those keys to the controller buttons. Default joytokey profiles are assigned wherever there isn't a specific system or game profile.

Lunchbox7985

RL Member
i have a blank joy2key profile set up for each emulator, and the default only has d-pad to arrows a and b to enter and x, and the shoulder buttons set to c and v to zoom the manuals. i dont have start and select bound to anything. so far this worked since it seems like activating pause refocuses the active window away from the emulator, thus activating the default profile, and letting me control the menu. then when i close pause, it goes back to the emulator and goes to my blank profile so i can control the emulator like normal.

the 360 controller worked fine this way, and still does for that matter, i just have trouble when using the xbox one controller. i have the wireless 360s at home, but i take the wired one controller to work to play on my work laptop during lunch.

Spawk

Banned
Interesting, can't see why the wired doesn't work... unless those aren't buttons 7+8 on that controller? or it isn't recognized as joy1?
1joy7+1joy8 seems pretty universal. Maybe RL saves a controller name somewhere behind the scenes with that bind???

I am set up slightly different though too. I leave pause set to Numpad+
I then set a button combo 7+8 in a JTK profile (all system profiles to be precise). This and my exit combo which I also leave on "escape" in RLUI are in all my system profiles.
My pause navigation is the RL profile
and my "default" is just blank (ideally will never load anyway).

Not sure if this way would help you any, I have no other controller to test ATM.