Carnking won't launch with mame.ahk

mamefan

RL Member
Every other game works fine except this one. It loads the fade screen then gives me this error below. It loads fine in MAME 0.249 by itself.

"There was an error waiting for the window "ahk_class MAME". Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your Frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem."

My log is attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• RocketLauncher.txt
    126.2 KB · Views: 2

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
From your log, you have SkipChecks set to "Rom Extension". You need to have that set to "Rom Only" as mentioned in the module notes. That's what is causing this issue.

mamefan

RL Member
From your log, you have SkipChecks set to "Rom Extension". You need to have that set to "Rom Only" as mentioned in the module notes. That's what is causing this issue.
I tried rom only and false just now, and they both gave me the same error after the fade screen. Any other game, no issue.

Enkak

RL Member
Not quite sure either what is going there. Game loads here normal like any other. Maybe it's mame version versus the module that you have. Recently MAME made some internal changes that, among other things, killed the development of some UI related forks and a few 'no nag' versions of them have issues through RL.

Anyway, I use emulator version 0.245 and the module attached. Hopefully that helps somehow. Game launches normal with skipchecks set to "Rom Only" or "False".

Attachments

• MAME.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 15

mamefan

RL Member
Here's my log with rom only set and the same result in carnking.

Attachments

• RocketLauncher.txt
    125.5 KB · Views: 2

mamefan

RL Member
Not quite sure either what is going there. Game loads here normal like any other. Maybe it's mame version versus the module that you have. Recently MAME made some internal changes that, among other things, killed the development of some UI related forks and a few 'no nag' versions of them have issues through RL.

Anyway, I use emulator version 0.245 and the module attached. Hopefully that helps somehow. Game launches normal with skipchecks set to "Rom Only" or "False".
Thanks. I tried your files but got the same result. Won't get past the fade screen but runs fine in mame by itself. I made a RL bezel for this game too, so I don't know if that's the issue.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I found the problem. You have the romMatchExt variable, aka "Rom Match Extension" set to true. You should NEVER, EVER, have this set unless you understand the code. That is why instead of passing the rom name "carnevil" it's passing "carnival_king_v_1.00.11". Disable that and it will run.

It has nothing to do with MAME version, module version or otherwise. That's user error. @Enkak

Enkak

RL Member
I found the problem. You have the romMatchExt variable, aka "Rom Match Extension" set to true. You should NEVER, EVER, have this set unless you understand the code. That is why instead of passing the rom name "carnevil" it's passing "carnival_king_v_1.00.11". Disable that and it will run.

It has nothing to do with MAME version, module version or otherwise. That's user error. @Enkak
Great that you found the issue.

mamefan

RL Member

Thanks, it worked. I turned "match extension" to false to fix it. It's weird that this is the 1st time this has happened using these same settings for years and playing many games here.

Last edited by a moderator:

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
It's weird that this is the 1st time this has happened using these same settings for years and playing many games here xxYTCHANNELxx
RomMatchExt will override any SkipChecks you have set (which is one reason why you shouldn't use it) causing games not to launch (especially CHD only games like golden tee or in this case carnevil). Aside from that, it will make every game you launch from RL take a good amount of time longer to launch for no benefit.

Last edited: