Commodore 64 RocketLauncher Media Pack

retango

Supporter
RL Member
Hi! I prepared a RocketLauncher Pause Media Pack for the Commodore 64. It includes:
- Game Info file, with MobyGames' description for 2,219 games, and GameBase 64 info for 7,313 games.
- Artwork: 17,432 files for 4,214 games
- Manuals: 3,058 files for 2,048 games
- Guides: 627 files for 284 games
- Music: 5,041 files for 5,026 games (in .sid format)
- Bezel, 2 alternative Fade screens and arcade controller

Details below. The pack is available at Pleasuredome, and I will upload it to EmuMovies (FTP, HyperLaunch Media Submissions, ReTango lolder). The complete pack also includes HyperSpin Media (2 wheel sets, screenshots, covers, disc images) and XML databases. Hope you enjoy it!

ROCKETLAUNCHER MEDIA

* GameInfo file. This file includes MobyGames' description for 2,219 games, and Game Base info for 7,313 games. This file is compatible with both the Official and the Originals Set.
This info file has all the standard fields, plus three additional: "AlternativeNames", which shows how the game is named in Moby Games and in GameBase 64, "URL", which shows the URL of the game in GB64.com and MobyGames.com, and "ID", which shows the game's ID within GameBase.
If you want to show any of these extra items in the Pause screen, you should: Open RocketLauncherUI, select the Commodore 64 system, Tab "HyperPause", Sub Tab "Menu" and add the items you want in Game Info Items List.

* Artwork: The pack includes 17,432 files for 4,214 games, with ads, disk, tape and cartridge covers, and some other stuff. Sources are GameBase 64 v13 and SFODB. Files from SFODB have a prefix indicating [1.Cover], [2.Back], [3.Insert] or [4.Media]. A few games show content from both the USA and Europe version (E.g. Chop n'Drop also shows artwork for IK+)

* Manuals: The pack includes 3,058 files for 2,048 games. The sources are GameBase 64 v13, a Manuals set from EmuMovies, and manual scans and selection coordinated by Dougan78. There are no exact duplicate manuals, but you may find different scans of the same manual. Files have prefixes indicating source: [GB], [EM] or [HS] (this latter for manuals from Dougan78)

* Guides: 627 files for 284 games. Includes all the maps and guides from GameBase64 v13.

* Music: 5,041 files for 5,026 games. These files are mostly in .sid format, and are not playable with the current version of RocketLauncher Pause. Let's hope a sid player is included in future releases.

* Fade: There are 2 alternative Fade screens, the RocketLauncher's default, and one made by SimplyAustin for 16:9 setups. There is a batch file for choosing between them.

* Bezel, provided by SimplyAustin

* Multigame disk images: You could use the images included in Artwork4 (HyperSpin content) for the MultiGame feature. I can't make it work in the current version of RocketLauncher, but it worked in HyperLaunch, so I assume it will soon be fixed (or maybe I´m doing something wrong). In HyperLaunch HQ it was: Select Commodore 64 system, in Settings -> Multigame:
Enable: true Use Game Artwork: true Media Artwork Folder: Artwork4 Select Effect: grow
Middle Screen Text: Please select a disk

* Batch file. Located in RocketLauncher\Media. to change Fade - choose among the 2 available Fades

wiggles

RL Member
* Multigame disk images: You could use the images included in Artwork4 (HyperSpin content) for the MultiGame feature. I can't make it work in the current version of RocketLauncher, but it worked in HyperLaunch, so I assume it will soon be fixed (or maybe I´m doing something wrong).

Same for me. Has never worked in Rocketlauncher. No idea if it is a configuration issue or just broken.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
FYI, the below advice in the readme from this torrent SHOULD NOT be followed!!

Code:
2. Additionally, if you use WinVice, you will need True Drive Emulation for G64 images to work. In the current version of RocketLauncher (v1.0.0.1) and WinVice Module (v2.0.6), True Drive Emulation is turned off by default. The easiest way to modify this is to change the module itself. In RocketLauncherUI, select Commodore 64, Tab "Modules", select WinVice.ahk, press the button "Edit module with your preferred editor". In line 69 you will find TrueDriveEmulation := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, romName, "TrueDriveEmulation", "false",,1), you should change "false" for "true". That should do it. (beware if  you update the module it will overwrite this change).

VERY VERY BAD, NEVER edit the module.. What you are telling them to edit is a default value for a user-adjustable module setting... why?? Just change the setting in the module settings in RLUI.

retango

Supporter
RL Member
Hi djvj! Sorry for this suggestion! I know it's messy, but I can still not find in RLUI how to change the default True Drive Emulation setting for all games at the same time. I see how to change it for individual games from false to true, but not overall.. Please tell me if its possible and I'll edit the instructions it in the first post.. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
First you have to ask yourself why does it need to be changed for all games? Are you sure this setting would benefit most games out of the 8000 you have in your torrent? I don't exactly know what this setting does, but if it needs to be added as a global and per-rom setting, I can do that, you would just need to ask rather than tell users to edit the module.

retango

Supporter
RL Member
Hi djvj! This pack contains an additional rom set with more than 4700 original games.. Many of these are in .g64 format which usually contains some kind of copy protection mechanism, and they require True Drive Emulation to work.. That's why it would be better to have it on by default.. I didn't want to bother, but since you offer, it would be great if True Drive Emulation could be also put as an "Emulator Setting" i.o "Rom Setting".. Thanks a lot!! And thanks again for RocketLauncher, I couldn't use my gaming PC without it.. Thanks!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
v2.1.1 of the module now supports global setting for that game. Will be pushed live soon.

Don't be afraid to ask man, you don't get things if you don't at least ask! Just state your scenario on why this is required, that's all we ask.

retango

Supporter
RL Member
FYI, the below advice in the readme from this torrent SHOULD NOT be followed!!

Code:
2. Additionally, if you use WinVice, you will need True Drive Emulation for G64 images to work. In the current version of RocketLauncher (v1.0.0.1) and WinVice Module (v2.0.6), True Drive Emulation is turned off by default. The easiest way to modify this is to change the module itself. In RocketLauncherUI, select Commodore 64, Tab "Modules", select WinVice.ahk, press the button "Edit module with your preferred editor". In line 69 you will find TrueDriveEmulation := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, romName, "TrueDriveEmulation", "false",,1), you should change "false" for "true". That should do it. (beware if  you update the module it will overwrite this change).

VERY VERY BAD, NEVER edit the module.. What you are telling them to edit is a default value for a user-adjustable module setting... why?? Just change the setting in the module settings in RLUI.

Hi djvj, thanks a lot for changing this setting in the Win Vice module!! I already corrected the instructions in the torrent... Thanks a lot again!!