ControllerRemap GUI

stigzler

RL Member
Ah thanks djvj - appears is back up and running now. Is this any use to you guys over here? Rocketlauncher is my long to-do list, so not tried it out (but it looks excellent). Dunno if this can integrate with RL or indeed, if it's even needed (RL might cover this already for all I know!)

New Release - 0.6.0.0
Added functions around per-game settings.
Updated documentation on per-game settings.
Overhauled Mame CFG files tab - more useable.
Added ability to view and edit .cfg files.
cfg\.cfg files with no controls now display in app - shows other info such as dipswitches etc.

Main changes to enable per-game settings. Related docs::

https://controllerremapgui.codeplex...er-Game Settings&referringTitle=Documentation

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
The mame module has a lot, but not really anything geared toward controls, so your app is unique in that sense. I know I could have used it in the past and I'm sure will use it in the near future!

stigzler

RL Member
New Release - 0.6.5.0

Added AutoClear settings option:
- clears mame.cfg files on running CRGUI via command line.
- option to backup the files before deletion
- used as blunt measure to ensure mame.cfgs don't supersede controls in ctrlr.cfg
- if you're looking to maintain none control .cfg data - clear controls by hand.

Usual place: https://controllerremapgui.codeplex.com/releases/view/616187
Explanation of concepts behind this:
https://controllerremapgui.codeplex...er-Game Settings&referringTitle=Documentation

stigzler

RL Member
Ooops - not getting notifications on this.

It's where you hot-swap usb controls for mame. Mame doesn't handle this too well, so you need additional stuff to get it working reliably.

ultrez

RL Member
So I have ControllerRemap up and running. The GUI helped me a lot, thanks for this!
Is there a way to run this with RL?
I have everything in a batch file but can't figure out how I can run the batch everytime I start a MAME game with RL.

stigzler

RL Member
Ooops. Sorry, but still haven't found the time to check out Rocket Launcher, so not sure. However, if RL can send command lines - it should be a doddle, as you can just run CRGUI from that.

ultrez

RL Member
You would want to utilize UserFunctions support and create a small library/script to do this
http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=Development

OK, I figured it out with my zero coding skills. I added the following to the User Functions.ahk.

Code:
; Use this function to define any code you want to run in every module on start
StartGlobalUserFeatures(){
	Log("StartGlobalUserFeatures - Starting")
	Global systemName
		If ( systemName = "MAME" ) {
			Run, C:\Arcade\ControllerRemap\remap.bat
			}
		Else {}
	Log("StartGlobalUserFeatures - Ending")
}

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Nicely done ultrez for a beginner coder.

Just one small tip. You don't need to use the Else conditional if you don't really need to use it for anything. The If would be enough.

Also, RocketLauncher have some built-in functions for things like the run command that helps you logging what you are doing and handle any error that could come up from not setting correctly your path and so on. You could use it instead of the normal AHK run command line.

Therefore I would use something like this instead:
Code:
; Use this function to define any code you want to run in every module on start
StartGlobalUserFeatures(){
	Log("StartGlobalUserFeatures - Starting")
	Global systemName
	If ( systemName = "MAME" ){
		Run("remap.bat", "C:\Arcade\ControllerRemap", "Hide")
	}
	Log("StartGlobalUserFeatures - Ending")
}

By the way, I don't know how your bat file should work, but if you want it to be entirely executed before RL actually runs the game, you should use "RunWait" instead of the "Run" command.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
This could be easily integrated in the MAME module, but personally I never had much interest on this or maybe I'm missing something.

This is useful if you have a bunch of different controllers and want to use a specific one for each system, if I have for example 4 PS4 controllers using this tool would require me to remember exactly which one is supposed to be controller 1 so I can't just pick one up plug it and start playing the game. I think this is why MAME doesn't tie controls to the hardware ID.

Also now that MAME and MESS are merged how will this work for the console systems considering they require both a system name and a game name?

ultrez

RL Member
This could be easily integrated in the MAME module, but personally I never had much interest on this or maybe I'm missing something.

I agree, that this is a bit special, but if you have a bunch of different controllers this might be the best solution.
I have an arcade setup with 2 Ultrastiks, which are my primary controlls for MAME. Additionally I have 2 Xbox One Controllers and some others. So when I connect a Controller, the controlls in MAME are messed up.
Thats why I'm using it.

I have a similar problem with Retroarch, because I want my Ultrastiks as primary controlls and my other controllers only as backup. For consoles with digital inputs only xpadder helps a lot. But I haven't found a solution for the analog inputs yet.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
I'll see about integrating it with the MAME module, can you please post the contents of your remap.bat file so I can check it? I'm going by the controllerremap docs only since I have no way to currently test this.

I'd still like to know about how this works with the former MESS systems, this is important to get the integration working right.

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
I'll see about integrating it with the MAME module, can you please post the contents of your remap.bat file so I can check it? I'm going by the controllerremap docs only since I have no way to currently test this.

I'd still like to know about how this works with the former MESS systems, this is important to get the integration working right.

Brolly this would be an excellent addition! I would use this for Aimtrak light guns as they get screwed up any time a controller is plugged in since their ID changes. Really looking forward to this!