ControllerRemap GUI

Potts43

RL Member
All sounds good but for us lesser mortals will definitely need "an idiots guide".
Brilliant work you guys!!!

Knewlife

RL Member
No need, it's fixed already will be pushed live on the next update.
Great thanks.

A detail I noticed with the module that sometimes... not always. It loads the wrong default mame bezel: If the game is vertical it loads the horizontal bezel.

After investigate a little i can say that the problem is that the module reads the tmpbezel.txt file before the file get writed... so it read the previous game information.

I just add the wait parameter the runDirect function call that create the tmpbezel.txt file. So it works great.

You may want to take this into consideration before release the next update.

Enviado desde mi 3SQ mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

Knewlife

RL Member
All sounds good but for us lesser mortals will definitely need "an idiots guide".
Brilliant work you guys!!!
The module function is just load the controller remap configuration file and pass that to the program. The hard thing is create the file... there is some guides out there i think.

Enviado desde mi 3SQ mediante Tapatalk

Potts43

RL Member
I use mame cfg files but not progressed to ctrl cfgs yet. For every thing else I've used xpadder.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Great thanks.

A detail I noticed with the module that sometimes... not always. It loads the wrong default mame bezel: If the game is vertical it loads the horizontal bezel.

After investigate a little i can say that the problem is that the module reads the tmpbezel.txt file before the file get writed... so it read the previous game information.

I just add the wait parameter the runDirect function call that create the tmpbezel.txt file. So it works great.

You may want to take this into consideration before release the next update.

Good catch, I'll fix that too thanks.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
You're right bleasby, this was reverted with the latest knewlife submissions to the module because he wasn't using the version with that fix applied it seems. I compared both versions carefully now and that was the one regression so we should be good.

Knewlife

RL Member
You're right bleasby, this was reverted with the latest knewlife submissions to the module because he wasn't using the version with that fix applied it seems. I compared both versions carefully now and that was the one regression so we should be good.

Odd i may have lost that update. But I don't think so as the last one is from may right?

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
You didn't lost anything knewlife, the change was made by us internally and wasn't pushed live yet for all users.

Brolly probably messed up this while including your changes. Shame on you brolly!! [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

brolly

Administrator
Developer
I'll just blame knewlife and djvj who made the change, but didn't push it live. I'm having a clean exit out of this mess :)

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I was about to say that problem I did fix...I blame brolly for just not reading all the threads then.

DUAL AIMTRAK LIGHT GUNS and MAMEUI64

So here is the deal... Andy from Ultimark claims that the Controller Remap utility can be used to solve the VERY annoying Aimtrak Dual Gun MAME IDs Inconsistency Issue which happens randomly when you reboot your PC (power outage for example) or unplug/replug your USB Aimtrak Light Gun plugs (which you need to do sometimes since Aimtrak Guns have glitches that interfere with proper mouse operation).

First, I tried to find a detailed manual for Controller Remap and Controller Remap GUI but the link online is broken and I could not find detailed instructions for Controller Remap. Does anyone have a detailed manual that describes all the functions and capabilities of this utility?!

Then, I tried to configure Controller Remap GUI on my own and figured most of it out. However, I could not find a way to identify which MAME ID port the guns have taken on to then rewrite MAME's default.cfg file accordingly. Controller Remap detects the guns with the same IDs everytime even if the MAME GUN ID has changed.

Has anyone solved the dual Aimtrak Light Gun MAME ID inconsistency issue with Controller Remap successfully?! If you have please get in touch or post how you did it. Or do you know another way to solve this problem, other than of course rebooting multiple times until it takes on the correct IDs by chance?!

Thank you in advance for your feedback and assistance in solving this VERY ANNOYING ISSUE with dual Aimtrak Light Guns!

Last edited: