Convert HS database to RCB possible?

bribbon

RL Member
Hi all

I make some new experience with Rom Collection Browser (RCB) and RL and have a question. Is there a way to convert or import a Hyperspin xml-Database to the Rom Collection Browser? Because I have several system as Mame (to much games, get off the clones) or Amiga (WHD load) and others, with a cryptic gamename. The scrapers in RBC doesnot find artwork and description for they.

All my 46 emulators are fine integrated in Hyperspin but I d'like setup RBC.

thank you for a answer and sorry for my bad english!

bribbon

Last edited:

bribbon

RL Member
Another question is. Have anyone here the newest parser file to import MAME 0.165 in RCB?
Do you work with other Parser-Files to import largest rom collections?

soft-bug

RL Member
Hi,

You can use HyperFreeSoft to convert HS XML to RCB NFO files (XML). Then use local scraper to insert NFO to RCB !

This import was used to make the first KodiBox release ...

THe english version of HyperFreeSoft is available here into 3rd Party Utilities

bribbon

RL Member
Thank you for your answer. I found this tool on your website and it was possible to convert all databases. A really nice tool!

If I d'like to launch a game, it comes a message that RocketLauncher can't find the Database (C:Hyperspin\Databases\Sega Genesis as example). But the databases are all stored in D:Kodi\Database and D:Kodi\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Database. Whats wrong and why I can't start a game?

Launch a Game directly in RLUI will work fine...

Any Ideas?

soft-bug

RL Member
Thank you for your answer. I found this tool on your website and it was possible to convert all databases. A really nice tool!

If I d'like to launch a game, it comes a message that RocketLauncher can't find the Database (C:Hyperspin\Databases\Sega Genesis as example). But the databases are all stored in D:Kodi\Database and D:Kodi\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Database. Whats wrong and why I can't start a game?

Launch a Game directly in RLUI will work fine...

Any Ideas?

Well difficult to answer when you can't touch a real configuration. But, i have encountered the same kind of problem with the Kodi / RCB uses making the KodiBox package. Indeed RCB stores thumbnails for files (pictures ...) and when you place a new one ... the stored links into thumbnails are taken first.

I hope it helps you.