CPWizBiz - Games controls viewer

stigzler

RL Member
attachment.php

CPWizBiz is a multi-system game info and controls generator. Use it to display the controls for any game on any system. It also creates a dynamic layouts, leveraging media such as images, video, flash, youtube, gifs and scrollers.

Download and Documentation:
http://www.magoarcade.com/software/cpwizbiz

Attachments

• JSLogo.png
    JSLogo.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Welcome stigzler.

Thanks for posting your tool here, looks very nice and I'm sure some user's here will find it useful.

stigzler

RL Member
CPWizBiz V0.8.0.0 Released

Totally overhauled installer. Now:
- Guides through the Master/Slave installation
- Accommodates re-install ontop of existing installations
- Auto-downloads CPWizard + sets it up.
Tootips added to Admin interface.
Added facility to delete game setups and edit game names
** Added Assets dowloader - keeps all imgaes up to date from server **
** Added Controllers and Game Controls downloader - download other user's setups - save yourself a job**
Above resulting in much smaller download.
Added some view tools for the datagrids
Added Change GUI font size/style (for old man eyes like mine)
Total reshuffle of layout
oh and....
** MARQUEE EDITOR!!! **
- Autogenerate Marquees from image paths
- Add images, animation (flash or gif), vidoes (local or youtube link) + scroller texts to a custom marquee
- Flashy text generator - makes styalized text from game name.
- In-app image searcher to find logos, backgrounds, fanart etc
- In-app game info searcher
- Video Intros before marquee display (e.g. for console boots)
Loads of other stuff...

Get here:
https://cpwizbiz.cod...ses/view/617911

stigzler

RL Member
I don't use hyperspin, but I guess it could. You can set it to show CPWizard for a period of time. So, you would set CPWizard to show on the same display as HyperSpin for 5 seconds, say. You'd just need a way to launch CPWizBiz from command line from Hyperspin. The one caveat in this scenario would be that it is a little slow to boot, so it wouldn't display straight away. SHouldn't be too much of a prob if you have a reasonably fast machine (Pentium i3,5,7 ect)

pofo14

Version 1.0.0

Total re-code. See first post for demo vid and links.

Is there any documentation on how to use this with RL? Assuming I configure each system in the tool, do I export the PNG/JPG it creates, so does it integrate some other way?

stigzler

RL Member
Is there any documentation on how to use this with RL? Assuming I configure each system in the tool, do I export the PNG/JPG it creates, so does it integrate some other way?

Hi. You use it as a 3rd party app - so no batch creation of images.

Basically - you just need to launch CPWizBiz.exe with command line parameters and it will do the rest. The minimum cmd line to pass it is Game and System. So as long as RL/your front end can launch from cmd when you launch a game, it should do the rest.

For e.g.

Code:
cpwizbiz.exe -gm "WipEout 3" -sy "Sony PlayStation"

Would load Wipeout 3 for the playstation. If you haven't launched this before, it will use the defaults for the system you have setup previously (i.e. the default 'Rig' - your cab controls; and the default controller setup for the Playstation).

The documentation is here, but apologies - it's a bit piecemeal, but hopefully of some use:

https://cpwizbiz.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Command Line&referringTitle=Documentation

Your best bet it to watch the videos, read the docs then do a test installation - playing around with it a little.

Maybe experiment via command line with the PLaystation system to start (defaults already set up) + then try setting up other systems.

I'm assuming that RL can issue cmd line instructions...

Let me know how you get on!