Developer Log

lamuelwms

RL Member
I know it's not much to show but RadKade went fully operational for the first time today below is an image of the loading screen (this screen can also be activated once in the frontend through use of the service switch along with the system menu.) Got a lot of work to do today, hope to keep up this pace. I will be posting here with my updates and progress reports; and as always if you have any questions please feel free to let us know.

OSWgSSv.jpg

lamuelwms

RL Member
You know what I hate, I mean seriously hate, videos. The only real set of videos out there now are freaking MP4 which despite all its greatness, are probably the single worst file format to use (from a developer standpoint.) We cannot even legally include/redistribute an MP4 encoder; we have to use some haphazard convoluted third party decoder or wrap a program like VLC to do the work. In a perfect world all the videos would be Theora so we can easily decode them using the umpteenth hundreds of libraries that exist on the market. So, I am going to add MP4 support in to RadKade (despite my better judgement but please not: I will not support videos officially) but only loosely as I don't want to do anything that would break license agreements and so forth (such as distributing a third party decoder library.) For now my main focus is displaying the games, showcasing the artwork and information (videos are merely distant passing thought in my mind anyhow; as I don't want 500GB of useless clutter when I could have media such as manuals, artwork etc.) Anyhow that's just my programmers rand about what pisses me off programming lol; I am sure any developer reading this can relate.