Disable RetroArch SaveProperties??

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Hi Guys,

Really confused. I have Save Config on Exit disabled across all my RetroArch configs, but I just noticed that RocketLauncher is overriding this and saving my per system cfg files on exit:

SaveProperties - Started and saving this cfg to disk: D:\Arcade\Emulators\RetroArch\config\Atari 2600.cfg

Full Log:
http://pastebin.com/LARjvsp2

Could someone please let me know how to disable this? I've looked through all settings and module notes and must be missing it...

Also, in the spirit of teaching a man to fish, if you could let me know how you located it... I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

pofo14

Could someone please let me know how to disable this? I've looked through all settings and module notes and must be missing it...

Also, in the spirit of teaching a man to fish, if you could let me know how you located it... I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

I have noticed the same behavior, but think it is working as expected. What I have noticed is, it is RL saving the settings in the module specific config section of RLUI back into the cfg file. That cfg is the used by RL and passed in as a parameter when RetroArch is launched. So essentially this isnt related to the setting you are referring to. That setting is used by RetroArch, the saving you are seeing in the log is RL saving the RLUI config to disk so it can launch RetroArch with the desired settings.

Not 100% positive but that was my analysis of your log and mine.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
I have noticed the same behavior, but think it is working as expected. What I have noticed is, it is RL saving the settings in the module specific config section of RLUI back into the cfg file. That cfg is the used by RL and passed in as a parameter when RetroArch is launched. So essentially this isnt related to the setting you are referring to. That setting is used by RetroArch, the saving you are seeing in the log is RL saving the RLUI config to disk so it can launch RetroArch with the desired settings.

Not 100% positive but that was my analysis of your log and mine.

Right, it seems to be saving to the config to it can impliment, but this has undesirable consequences. For example, if you enable a bezel via RL Module Settings, it will still remain even after you disable it... The path stays in the config

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Right, it seems to be saving to the config to it can impliment, but this has undesirable consequences. For example, if you enable a bezel via RL Module Settings, it will still remain even after you disable it... The path stays in the config

This is actually a really big problem for a couple reasons. Right now, if a user defines something within the module settings, that gets injected into the native "system name.cfg" config withing the RetroArch emulator directory. So using NES as an example, if I change my Per System aspect ratio within RocketLauncher module settings and the launch a game, that change will be pushed into my Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg file.

That's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world.

The problem occurs when I set the Per System aspect ratio back to Default within RocketLauncher. This change isn't pushed to the RetroArch emulator config file. Instead, the config file just keeps its last setting, which is not what the user or RocketLauncher are intending...

Am I missing something or is this a pretty big bug?

pofo14

This is actually a really big problem for a couple reasons. Right now, if a user defines something within the module settings, that gets injected into the native "system name.cfg" config withing the RetroArch emulator directory. So using NES as an example, if I change my Per System aspect ratio within RocketLauncher module settings and the launch a game, that change will be pushed into my Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg file.

That's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world.

The problem occurs when I set the Per System aspect ratio back to Default within RocketLauncher. This change isn't pushed to the RetroArch emulator config file. Instead, the config file just keeps its last setting, which is not what the user or RocketLauncher are intending...

Am I missing something or is this a pretty big bug?

I am not sure if it's a bug. I think it is just something a user needs to understand. As per what djvj stated in another thread, we need to review the module and suggest changes. I haven't immersed my self in any module updates as of yet, but I am "investing" in RetroArch, since I am using it heavily in my setup. I am going to look at your issue when I get some time and see if I can work out a solution whether it be in setup or module change.