Dolphin 5.0

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Now that dolphin 5.0 is officially released, can someone test the current module to make sure it still works?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

neonrage

RL Member
I tried with GameCube, Wii, and WiiWare, and every thing launched the same for me as it did with 4.x. I had my instruction cards pop up when I pressed the button.

Dweezilkid

RL Member
I just switched over to Dolphin 5. The games launch fine, but the Pause menu doesn't come up properly. I can hear the click of the menus changing when I tap left or right -- maybe it's not getting drawn on top the way it's supposed to? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Bish777

RL Member
I have the same issue with Pause in Dolphin. I turned off the music so I only hear the initial sound effect and the game pauses, but it only makes the mouse visible, I can not see the menu. Any clue what it might be? I am sure it is a display issue and pause is launching properly, I just can not see the menus. Hitting the Pause button or Esc, lets me return to the game no problem.

Dabil

RL Member
I am assuming you are talking about the in game pause by hitting the start button? If so that problem is probably game specific. Try it in other games and see if you get different results. Dolphin is very mature, but less than perfect in many games.

You should also list system specifics as the problem could be caused there. I know dolphin had way more issues in Linux and Android than Windows.

If however you are talking about the pause button on the ui, that probably is related to your dolphin version, and not an emulation issue.

All the games I tested the in game pause worked fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bish777

RL Member
When In-game (Any Dolphin game so far GameCube, Wii, WiiWare) I hit my pause button (Currently just set to the + key) and I get the issue. All other systems work fine, and it is only with Dolphin related systems. Like I said, I am sure its a display issue since the game actually pauses and shows the mouse, but I an not versed enough to identify what it could be. I am still going over settings, but nothing has jumped out at me (all systems are set to global so I am going over them).

I upgraded to 5.0 when I switched to RL if that makes a difference.

Last edited: