Dolphin window with bezels doesnt always dissapear

cID67

RL Member
when using bezels with dolphin, the emulator window is sometimes partially visible. it seems random. sometimes dolphin displays perfectly and other times it doesn't. By the way, i get the same behavior with ppsspp emulator as well. is it any coincidence that both emulators where originally developed by the same person?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Certainly could be. Are you able to take a screenshot when this happens? Curious to see what happens.

cID67

RL Member
I tried that last night by pressing the print screen button but that button triggers dolphin's internal screenshot function and so it doesn't show anything outside the game window. ill just have to snap a picture with my camera and submit it that way next time it happens.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Well nothing special is done for bezels in the module, so it's not RL doing it. You could try adding a sleep before the bezeldraw line, like this:

Sleep, 2000
BezelDraw()

Play with the number and see if you need to adjust it.

cID67

RL Member
ill give it a try. I know it not your launcher that is doing this, im just hoping there's a way to make it work reliably with this emulator. thanks for the suggestion, ill give it a try and let you know how it turns out.

cID67

RL Member
As of now the problem seems to be solved. im going to try this on the ppsspp module and see if this also solves things over there.

cID67

RL Member
OK I tried this with the ppsspp emulator and the sleep timer didnt work for it. I will say if i alt + tab to something else then back to the emulator this fixes the problem for that game session. it did definitely work for the dolphin module so you probably want to add that to the official module.

20150504181148.jpg

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Did you play with the timing to get it just enough so that it works every time? If not, please do that. Keep making the number small by 100 until it stops working and let me know what the best sleep is.

zxspecticle

RL Member
Well nothing special is done for bezels in the module, so it's not RL doing it. You could try adding a sleep before the bezeldraw line, like this:

Sleep, 2000
BezelDraw()

Play with the number and see if you need to adjust it.

Just for the record, this same problem materialised for me directly after installing the new rocketlauncher.

zxspecticle

RL Member

zx, did the same fix work for you as well?

It didn't unfortunately, I adjusted the timing in 100 increments as suggested but nothing changed. Frustrating as I also have a problem (not related to RocketLauncher) if I turn off bezels and go the fullscreen route, the emulator launches fine, plays the selected game as expected but pressing escape results in a black screen which only task manager will sort.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I just launched dolphin about 30 times and could not get it once to not be perfect in the bezels. If it helps, I'm using Dolphin-master-4.0-6029-x64 in direct3d mode.

What version are you guys running?

zxspecticle

RL Member
I just launched dolphin about 30 times and could not get it once to not be perfect in the bezels. If it helps, I'm using Dolphin-master-4.0-6029-x64 in direct3d mode.

What version are you guys running?

I was using a version that was part of the "Simply Austin" download on his You-Tube channel but reverted to the version above to see if that was the problem but this didnt fix it (I'm also using direct3d) - incidently, I'm also using the bezel provided by Austin which worked great with the supplied emulator prior to installing the new rocketlauncher - could this be the problem?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
The bezel would not break it some of the time, either the bezel works all the time or none.

There is not much more I can do honestly. The above proposed sleep works for one person but not you, which doesn't make any sense to me. The purpose of the sleep is to allow time for the emu to do whatever it has to to resize itself where it's going to end up being before RL takes that final size and adjusts it to fit the bezel image.

Maybe try increasing the sleep on your end, like Sleep, 10000​ and work down from there.

zxspecticle

RL Member
The bezel would not break it some of the time, either the bezel works all the time or none.

There is not much more I can do honestly. The above proposed sleep works for one person but not you, which doesn't make any sense to me. The purpose of the sleep is to allow time for the emu to do whatever it has to to resize itself where it's going to end up being before RL takes that final size and adjusts it to fit the bezel image.

Maybe try increasing the sleep on your end, like Sleep, 10000​ and work down from there.

I'll try that when I get home from work and let you know. I appriciate you trying to resolve this - very odd

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
As much as I try I cannot reproduce that problem also, so you guys will need to the tests for us.

If the djvj suggestion for the module sleep does not work, please try to open your RocketLauncher\Lib\Bezel.ahk, go to line 595 and add extra sleep lines between the if statements to see if it makes any difference. Something like that:

Code:
; list of windows manipulation options that can be enabled/disabled on the BezelLabel (they are enable as default)
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Sleep, 1000 [/COLOR]
If !disableHideTitleBar
	WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, A
If !disableHideToggleMenu
	ToggleMenu(emulatorID)
If !disableHideBorder
	WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, A 

If that also does not make any difference, remove the above changes and try to add this code instead to the module file:

in the beginning of the module file:
Code:
	bezelTopOffset = 52
	bezelBottomOffset = 9
	bezelRightOffset = 9
	bezelLeftOffset = 9

In the end of the module file:
Code:
BezelLabel:
	disableHideTitleBar = true
	disableHideToggleMenu = true
	disableHideBorder = true