Dolphin window with bezels doesnt always dissapear

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Please, post a troubleshooting log. Without it I have no info to be able to keep trying to help.

cID67

RL Member
I tried the updated module but it didn't fix the problem. it did change the window positioning, however. The suggestion to add the sleep timer before the bezel draw did fix the problem for me. i went back and forth between the original and modified ver of the module and the modded version definitely fixes my bezel issue.

New Module20150510165455.jpg

DJVJ's suggested modification.20150510165754.jpg

cID67

RL Member
I will get back to you on this. the problem is its random so i can load the game 10 times or more before it will glitch so that makes finding the lowest sleep timer that works a pain. 2000 works fine without any significant delay that's worth complaining about in my opinion. when i have the time ill investigate this.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Sure, I will be waiting for your response until I add it to the module officially.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
djvj, hold on on adding sleeps to this module.

I found out why the problem is is happening.

Newer dolphin versions create two windows.
The main one with the title: Dolphin 4.0-6217 ahk_class wxWindowNR, and the game one with the title: Dolphin 4.0-6217 | JIT64 DC | OpenGL | HLE | FPS: 60 - VPS: 60 - 100% ahk_class wxWindowNR

I changed the module code to wait for the game window and that should solve the issue.

Guys, please test this module and let us know what happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ltax5ygffkpvma/Dolphin.ahk?dl=0

Maybe this is the same that is happening with the other modules with similar issues. We need to check it out.

I don't know if older versions also have the two windows, or if this was introduced in the newer ones. If they have, we will need to add my code changes as a option to be selected in the module options.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I thought it was always doing that. I already had some uses in the module where FPS is used instead of Dolphin as a title for that reason.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cID67

RL Member
Sorry, Ive been gone a while. Bleasby, your changes seem to have corrected my bezel issue, I'm interested to see if it will fix the ppsspp module bezel issue as well.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Sorry, Ive been gone a while. Bleasby, your changes seem to have corrected my bezel issue, I'm interested to see if it will fix the ppsspp module bezel issue as well.

Thks for the feedback. I am working on some additional changes on the dolphin module and as soon as I finish them I will send the updated module to be pushed.

About PPSSPP, I don't know if it would have the same problems. I believe that when I tested PPSSPP, everything worked fine on my computer.

Is anyone else is having the same issue as ciD67 so we could try to find out what is causing?

cID67

RL Member
Just to reiterate with the included screenshots. the first one is how it appears when the the ppsspp emulator launches. Note the unsightly boarder around the game window. the second screen shows what happens if I Alt + Tab to the desktop then Alt + tab back to the emulator. as you can see the boarder around the game window is gone. I will say I have seen instances before where the emulator initially would execute just fine and would not have the unsightly boarder so it is somewhat random behavior however, lately it seems to only execute with the ugly boarder.

20150617082728.jpg20150617083051.jpg

Last edited:

cID67

RL Member
For the PSP what I have done is I just edited my bezel.ini to shine the emulator window larger then the bezel window just enough to mask the ugly boarder. the drawback is that on occasion, when the emulator window actually loads correctly, a small portion of the screen will be cut off on the right and bottom of the screen. This is very minimal and is not noticeable with the vast majority of games. This solution is my way of taking lemons and making lemonade. I have included the bezel and modified ini for anyone else who runs into this problem and wants to try my solution out.

Background.pngBezel.png

Bezel.ini
Code:
[General]
Bezel Screen Top Left X Coordinate=161
Bezel Screen Top Left Y Coordinate=135
Bezel Screen Bottom Right X Coordinate=566
Bezel Screen Bottom Right Y Coordinate=370