Error playing: 88880001

gobluemike21

RL Member
So, everything is up and running perfectly (thanks Bleasby). However, when I run my HDMI to a 32" TV, I'm getting the error message "Error playing: 88880001". Hyperspin loads fine. Wheel art and snaps working great. I go to launch a game (any game), I get the fade in screen working, then it delays a bit, and then the error pops up in the playable game area. The bezels show up fine, but no playback window. It's strange because when I unhook the HDMI to the TV, the laptop plays everything without an issue. Is it something with HDMI audio? I've messed with settings and can't seem to make a difference.

gobluemike21

RL Member
So, I just hooked it up at work to a TV with VGA and it works no problem. Video card on the laptop issue? Something in the audio settings maybe? HELP....

Worst case the cab gets a TV with VGA but don't I lose some res that way? ANY input is appreciated.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Never heard of something like this.
The error is a windows error or a RocketLauncher error?
A screenshot of the error and a troubleshooting log would be nice!
The only thing that I can think of is that maybe the HDMI sound output is conflicting somehow with your normal sound output.

Did you checked if in your control there is anything unusual when the hdmi is connected?
Did you tried to play a music outside RocketLauncher to see if the same error happens.
Also, playing the game without RocketLauncher has the same issue?
It happens with any game and system or just with some specific one?

Try to disable your HDMI audio output to check if this is the problem:

Code:
Follow these steps after connecting the HDMI cable.
go to control panel
Hardware and Sound
Manage Audio Devices
if you have a branded audio set-up (eg. BEATS) make changes there.
Select speaker/HP
make Default and apply
This will work if you have Windows 7 and 10.

gobluemike21

RL Member
That fixed it. It was the audio messing with the signal somehow. Once connected, I went in to the sound settings (never tried that) and noticed an error with the TV. Windows detected the problem and I clicked "fix driver" and then everything works fine.

Thanks Bleasby. Again.