ES & RL - Hide CMD Window On Launch

tonesmalone

RL Member
Hi all - happy new year!

I'm looking into switching from HS to ES. Has anyone managed to get this working without showing a CMD window on game launch from ES?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonesmalone

RL Member
Not possible without changes to the way ES launches stuff which needs to be done on the ES side obviously, read this:
http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1560-Plugin-for-EmulationStation&p=18282

The RL issues are mostly fixed by now, but item number 3 needs to be dealt by the ES devs.

Thanks brolly, I thought as much.

It's a shame as this is only a few steps away from being a fantastic front end.

Guess I'm gonna have to get the code and see what's happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcmt

is there any update on that matter by any chance? just today i tried a setup with emulation station and rocketlauncher and it kind of works with the default rocketlauncher plugin as frontend-plugin (as long as you copy the database folder into the emulationstation directory) but the transition still bugs me. it just leaves the impression that they don't really want to work together.

just thought i'd ask if someone found a good solution yet (some config or hack or overlay or anything) that makes the transition or the overall cooperation between ES and RL a bit nicer.

thanks for reading!
and cheers
tim

brolly

Administrator
Developer
You should be asking that in the ES forums not here, as I said before this needs to be fixed on their end there's nothing we can do about it.

tcmt

i wanted to ask in the ES forums at first until i saw that it's basically dead sadly. as far as i could get info from there, the developer is on hiatus and the forum has been taken over by spambots. so i thought i try my luck here. maybe something else besides ES would have been found that at least helps the transition.

sadly it seems there might be no future for emulationstation. shame really, as i really like the look and minimal design of it.

thank you for your time and response tho, brolly :).

see you around and have a good one!
tim