eXoDOS v6 - Gamelist, ZipMap & Module

tonesmalone

RL Member
I have a new gamelist, zipmap and module for eXoDOS v6 coming soon, I just need to do some final edits to the list and testing on the module. The module loads the eXoDOS scripts and uses the built in emulators. Will update this thread once it's ready. :)

tonesmalone

RL Member
Here is the game list xml. Probs needs some tweaks, but a start at least.

Attachments

• Microsoft MS-DOS.zip
    281.1 KB · Views: 15

tonesmalone

RL Member
Here is the module, 'eXo'. This is designed to work natively with the eXo sets, starting with eXoDOS v6. It runs the scripts and emulators built in to the set. This includes the game install and setup scripts. When running a game for the first time you will see the install and setup scripts, then the game window will load.

Included is the module file and an up to date zip map for eXoDOS v6. Make sure to follow the instructions in the module notes to setup RL correctly.

Bezels work, however I suggest using the bezel I have uploaded to this post. The built in install scripts do some window management which stop the RL bezel code from moving the command window to the right place. The uploaded bezel is a completely transparent bezel and a background image (change this to whatever you want), meaning the script / game windows will never be hidden whilst also giving most of the benefits of bezels.

Very possible this will need some tweaks, etc. Post if you have issues, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to a random guest user on the AHK forums for some code.

Attachments

• Bezel.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Module.zip
    98.3 KB · Views: 15

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
You really want to upload to Resources section so updates can be tracked:

tonesmalone

RL Member
Slightly updated eXoDOS v6 game list xml. (Initial game setup bat slipped through my script and had an entry as a game - removed. Also tweaked some game descriptions)

Attachments

• Microsoft MS-DOS.zip
    281 KB · Views: 6

tonesmalone

RL Member
Just realised that I screwed up with the list and forgot to do the year field. Will have another run at this over the new few days.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I'm way late here tones, but if you want my scripts and notes for this just give me a ring :)

tonesmalone

RL Member
That would be awesome, thanks Agent. You might have to message me, as I don't seem able to message you.

tonesmalone

RL Member
*think* I might now have this sorted. All games in eXoDOS v6 are included, with all meta data (now including the year!). I've mapped age ratings from eXo to those included in RL, and have also mapped eXo's genres to those more commonly found in HS style lists. I've uploaded the new list xml and genre mapping to this post. Genre map is just so people can see what I've done.

Attachments

• Microsoft MS-DOS.zip
    292.3 KB · Views: 17
  • eXoDOS Genres Mapping.zip
    906 bytes · Views: 12

tonesmalone

RL Member
For anyone wanting to get the media out of the eXoDOS v6 set - the manuals and videos are easy - these are in a folder in the set with names matching the list above.

Images, aren't so easy. I'm yet to work out how LaunchBox works with images, as they are not named the same as the game. If anyone knows how this works, please post. I assume there is a file somewhere that maps images to games. I'm happy to write the script to pull the images out of the set.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
That would be awesome, thanks Agent. You might have to message me, as I don't seem able to message you.
I'll take a look to see if my scripts need any changes with the most recent version because I haven't messed with it. I may have disabled messages because I was getting bombed with messages for support requests. If not here I'll hit you up on discord.

tonesmalone

RL Member
I'll take a look to see if my scripts need any changes with the most recent version because I haven't messed with it. I may have disabled messages because I was getting bombed with messages for support requests. If not here I'll hit you up on discord.
That would be great thanks. Will be very useful to see what you did and integrate it with my scripts.

tonesmalone

RL Member
I've added support for eXoWin3x in the eXo module in the resources section. Here is a game list xml with meta data to go with it.

Attachments

• Microsoft Windows 3.x.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 12