Flycast Module

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I wrote one a while back. I'll need to test against the latest release to ensure everything sill works properly. No ETA...

adamgp

RL Member
Hi, does anyone know what the Flycast command line options are, if so I'll chuck a simple module together? I just cant seem to find any documentation of them.
Amazing I only just discovered Flycast, seems to perform much better than Demul and with some easily configurable upscaling and widescreen rendering.
Here's hoping it can support dual mouse input (for dual AimTraks)! :S

adamgp

RL Member
Yes, I'll wait ... I thought maybe someone else has

Here's a very basic one I whipped up.
Needs a few things:

- Look for the window title "Flycast" before exiting the fade.
- Lightgun support by means of adjusting the emu.cfg and setting lightgun for the first player (at least)

But I havent even experimented with light gun games yet.
Any help with the above greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Flycast.zip
    1 KB · Views: 169

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
- Look for the window title "Flycast" before exiting the fade.
- Lightgun support by means of adjusting the emu.cfg and setting lightgun for the first player (at least)

I have proper window handling in mine. Lightguns are something I haven't messed with yet since I don't own them. I'll have to get my buddy to test that. I've also made the widescreen hack on a per game basis since that can usually be wonky on certain games. I have region and cable type on a per game basis as well since other emus required them to be set differently for certain games. I'll try to test my module this week to ensure everything is working correctly and post it.

Enkak

RL Member

Hi and let me thank you first for this module. Just tried it after new dev versions of flycast surprised me in a positive way.

Regarding the module, it all seems to work good with one single, odd exception. After we launch any game through RL with it, the emu.cfg file that gets saved after will make flycast crash always if you enter the settings inside the emulator. So that can be a little problematic if you need to change anything there, or remap a button, etc.

Cheers!

maximumstyle

RL Member
hello
I think it s the same things with all the module in RL you can t change the setting in the emulator, you must to change the settings in the module.
For remap the button, you must to do that without the module, and you can save the config remap par game
I am happy if you like my little work
THX
( I hope you understand all because i am french ..... )

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
hello
If you want i can send the files by mail

Just post the files in code tags or add them as attachments. That way people don't have to deal with geolocked file hosts that will eventually end up as dead links.

I've written a module for it but need to pass it off to my buddy for testing with lightgun stuff so I'll post that eventually but if people want something to use in the meantime please post it by one of the above methods.

shiryu55

RL Member
I have a problem with the module, when I launch the emulator with a Naomi game for example, I get the dreamcast bios and with which I do not start the game and if the bios of this system, as indicated to the module that it goes to start a game of naomi or atomiswave.