Game Audit in HyperPause

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
I was thinking it would be a good idea if there was a game audit statistics menu within HyperPause. One of the coolest things with my cabinet is showing my house guests a printout I keep of the audit list from HLHQ, but it would be nice to have one dynamically generated and onscreen.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
That is outside the scope of HyperLaunch. It is not HyperLaunch's job to audit roms.

I would say you can show an image of audited roms, but that's not really he same thing as you are looking for.

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
Does it make sense to display a text-based file within HyperPause that was generated from an HLHQ audit? I'm thinking something similar to the way statistics works.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
If you really want to, I just don't see the "wow" factor in that list. Also, isn't your FE list of games to choose from the very same list you would be showing?

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
I'm not necessarily interested in displaying a list of games, because you're right - HyperSpin does that just fine. I'm really just looking for something that says: Nintendo Entertainment System - xxx out of xxx games available (xx%) and a global one displaying the same information tallying from all systems. My cabinet is sort of a baseball card collection, and I'd like to show my collection progress.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I think you only need any audit software to output your totals info into a ini file somewhere. You could even show that info on Fade on every launch, or in HP somewhere as text. You would need to add support for this yourself though. Just giving you ideas.

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
Alright, I'll take a stab at it and post results here. I'm more of a hardware jockey than a code warrior, but this will give me practice. Thanks.