[SOLVED] games exit to hyper spin without focus with xpadder enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlp

RL Member
i have HS and RL on windows 10 x64 pro in case this matters.
when i press Escape inside a MAME game, it exists out of the game and back to Hyperspin, but there is also the Windows task bar showing and the HS is not in focus (but HS is not minimized, it is still there other than the task bar showing on the bottom of the screen), so I need a keyboard to press alt-tab or mouse click in HY part to get back inside HS.
i have tried the rocketlauncherui setting to restore frontend and with a click, but i still have the same issue.
i have also tried the Windows performance setting to disable animate windows when min/max.
i have also tried exiting xpadder so it's not running, but still have the same problem.
hope someone can help because this means i have to have a keyboard around which is totally not what i want.
thanks.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Re: games exit to hyper spin without focus

Some have reported xpadder being the cause of this issue. Try turning off xpadder support and closing the program to see if it suddenly works.

carlp

RL Member

xpadder off didn't help. this was not limited to MAME only. it was an issue exiting all emulators.
I finally found an RL ui setting that cured this issue!
There was a setting set to TRUE for Hide Taskbar.
I set it to False and now exiting emulators works perfectly, getting back to HS menus ok.

Lucky1

RL Member

I have the same issue with my hyperspin setup and mine is set to FALSE for Hide taskbar which is the default setting I think. I have to Alt-tab or click to make the task bar disappear, very annoying, but at least hyperspin is active and works.

Sometimes, only the circle button (start button) pops up and hyperspin is in “background mode” and NOT active. In this case I need to click or alt-tab to make it active. But that is not linked to RL.

If someone find any other fix for this problem, that would be great.

-I use xpadder

luckyluca

RL Member

Some have reported xpadder being the cause of this issue. Try turning off xpadder support and closing the program to see if it suddenly works.

I have this exact problem, Xpadder and keymapper, upon exiting an emulator, don't restore focus to hyperspin and reveal the taskbar.

i tried everything suggested, xpadder prefs, force taskbar off true without luck.

any tip on how to solve this djvj?

Suhrvivor

RL Member
Never happened that to me. I configured Xpadder to minimize to system tray everytime it changes profiles, maybe that helps you guys solve that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.