Help: CRT in Arcade Cabinet Problem with Windows 7 64 bit and Nvidia

krazyscotsman

RL Member
I purchased a CRT monitor some years ago. It worked great under Windows XP running MAME, Hyperspin, and many other emulators. The last time I ran the CRT in this configuration, it worked great. I started a hardware and system upgrade and I unplugged the CRT for 2/2.5 years.*

About 2 years ago, I upgraded my hardware and literally starting over on the Hyperspin / Rocketlauncher to add many more emulators and to just modernize to the current configurations. I was doing all my configuration work on a computer that was connected to an LCD. I set the resolution of Windows 7 and all applications to 800x600 60Hz and 32 bit color. Two nights ago, I moved from my testing to what I thought would be implementing the computer back in the arcade cabinet and plugging the CRT. The CRT fired up and immediately showed No Signal on the all white screen as expected. Once I turned power on to the computer, no motherboard splash screen, really nothing until the system booted to the front end (I set hyperspin to boot at boot up instead of your normal Windows desktop interface). When Hyperspin loaded, the only thing happened was some lines of color but only maybe 20 lines and they were not full screen (see attached files). Nothing displayed that was legible at all it was merely a few lines of color that are horizontal. I tried different things.

I have tried a few things to fix it. I pulled in an old 17" CRT. I was able to go into the CRT and set the screen resolution to 640x480 at 60Hz 32 bit. in Windows Desktop. Once I did this, I plugged the arcade CRT in and the image of Windows Desktop appeared and was correct (except some distortion that has always existed in the left corner of the CRT). I rebooted the system, and it went back to the few colored, horizontal lines. I tried MultiRes but it's a 32 bit application and would not run on Windows 7 64bit.

I'm certain I can not be the only person that has experienced this problem. Is there a solution? I don't really want to upgrade to an LCD as this is provides a real arcade feel. And it only has maybe 100 hours of use MAX.*I'm assuming this is something with Windows 7 64 bit and Nvidia but I have literally no idea what to try.

Thanks for your help.
David

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 2