Help with RLUI / EDS / Hyper Marquee

milfriez

RL Member
Trying to get this up and off the ground and I'm just really struggling. I've watched videos, read PDFs and help files, searched as many forums as I can between here HS and even LaunchBox just looking for any tidbit of info and I can't figure it out.

In EDS, if I use the "try" function, my marquees come up exactly as expected. But once I try this inside of Hyperspin, all I get is the static background, no dynamic updates. Also when exiting Hyperspin EDS remains running, this leads me to believe that the CLI/PIPE commands are not being interpreted correctly, or at all.

Can anyone help me out here?

I've attached my EDS Config

Thanks!

Attachments

• EDS_Settings.config.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 5

tonesmalone

RL Member
Not something I can help with directly, sorry.

I?m pretty sure though that you could cut out some links in this chain and use RL user functions to change the marquee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

milfriez

RL Member
Should I be reading between the lines here? If this isn't the right place to ask this question, just point me in the right direction and I'll head there. Is this not a common configuration use RLUI along with Hyperspin, EDS, and HyperMarquee? Or are you saying I should just head to HS forums and ask there?

tonesmalone

RL Member
No, someone may be able to help here. I?m just saying I can?t - I didn?t want your post to sit unanswered.

That said, for this setup you may want to post on the HS forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mccorkled

RL Member
Did you get this sorted? I have it running on my machine and can help you set it up via TeamViewer.

milfriez

RL Member
Did you get this sorted? I have it running on my machine and can help you set it up via TeamViewer.

I never did no. I enlisted some help from friends over at planet geekdom, and even with several people in that area having it running, we still couldn't solve it, so I gave up. Again, it works when I used the test function within EDS to send commands, the marquee showed exactly what it should be displaying. But when running through Hyperspin/RL, it never changed from the default image.

mccorkled

RL Member
Ninja2bceen isn't very smart when it comes to setting up advanced things. If you're not worries about getting it work, neither am I. Take care.