How get RL complete?

Zeaede

RL Member
My goal is to get as many systems as possible complete - but i have a question about some systems and roms

Example, im doing atari st system now, im some 160 roms short

I have 5-6 packs of atari st roms

But many of the roms im missing are not there, i have google on some paradise and on no-intro tosec redump but no such luck

When i find roms im missing they are either in a strange format or more than one disc not matching the atari st xml

The guys done the xml must apparently have all roms once in a time?

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
It could be / is likely that, I'm guessing you're using hyperspin xmls, that the ones you're missing are homebrew or hacked versions. You have to find those individually and it can be a pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Zeaede

RL Member
It could be / is likely that, I'm guessing you're using hyperspin xmls, that the ones you're missing are homebrew or hacked versions. You have to find those individually and it can be a pain.

Yes im using hyperspin xmls to make whatever frontend im using complete

I kind of knew it was something like that with homebrews especially with atari 2600 set

Took me a while to figure out the amiga set and the whdload thing compared to the adf idf sets found 2 different sets to fill that out

spectrum zx set can be a mess with the tzx tap z80 format but im moving forward

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
Yep. All those systems are a pain. Rocketlauncher can make a database for you based on your rom path, so you can skip all those entries if you want. And I mean, there are hundreds of homebrew games for Atari 2600, so it's not like the hyperspin xmls have added all of them.