How to change Pause menu bar vertical position

extracampine

RL Member
I find it odd that the main menu bar in Pause appears in the middle of the screen rather than higher up, as the space above is wasted and all the images and media is compressed into the lower half of the screen. Also very odd is the fact that there is a "vertical offset" option in the Pause main menu bar options, which can move the bar even lower, but I can't find how to move it higher. Is this possible?? Thanks!

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Did you tried a negative value to move it upward?

Sent from my SM-J200M using Tapatalk

extracampine

RL Member
Yes I tried that - for example, vertical offset -200. I presume that negative values are not accepted (unless I am entering it wrong), as doing this does not change the bar position at all.

I tried with a space after the "-", like this: - 200, but then I get the "invalid integer number" error message.

extracampine

RL Member
Update - the bar did move to the top of the screen with the negative value. RL must have needed a restart for it to take effect. Problem is, the rest of the stuff - media etc - is still stuck in the bottom half of the screen.

Is there any way to get the media to move up/get bigger/fill more of the screen (without having to go into "fullscreen" viewing mode for the individual items)?

mdog1978

RL Member
Did you check the Global Pause.ini in the RocketLauncher/Settings folder? Looks like there are some sub-menu settings you could tweak in there.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Is there any way to get the media to move up/get bigger/fill more of the screen (without having to go into "fullscreen" viewing mode for the individual items)?

Just change the pause sub menu height on appearance options.

extracampine

RL Member
Just change the pause sub menu height on appearance options.

Brilliant, that made the media sub-menu bigger as I wanted. Funny thing regarding the vertical offset of the menu bar - it seems that I can go down to -199 fine, but as soon as I put in -200 it moves back to the middle again. Is -199 the "maximum" value for this?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
That might be related with a known bug with one of the libraries we use, can you try setting it to -299 or -300 and see if it works?

extracampine

RL Member
With -299 or -300 the menu bar remains right in the middle still. I would like to get it higher than -199 if possible.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
brolly, the bug is most probably on the shared.ahk file on the RiniLoadVar function.
This line will trigger wrongly as a read error for values like -2 or -220 or -3999,...
Code:
If RegExMatch(globalValue,"-2|-3")	; if global ini key does not exist, create the key

The best way to fix that is to most probably change the Rini error to something that does not uses numbers. Some decent string like for example: ERRORFILEMISSING, ERRORKEYMISSING and ERRORSECTIONMISSING instead of -10, -2 and -3.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Yeah I know what it is I mentioned it before in the dev forum after spending a few hours trying to figure out a problem, I suggested exactly that already :)
Problem is that djvj uses those error values in a lot of places of the code so it's not that simple and you can easily break stuff, I made a workaround for the user functions already (or something else not really sure anymore) not sure if we would be able to reuse it here though we'd need to look into it very carefully.
As I said before it was very silly for the dev to come up with such error codes on a library that reads arbitrary data from a file...

extracampine

RL Member
A problem which I have just noticed with raising the menu bar and increasing the size of the sub menu height; the video snaps are too big for the space; vertically things are OK but the right part (probably the right 1/5 of the video) is cropped off the screen. Is there a way to fix this?

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
A problem which I have just noticed with raising the menu bar and increasing the size of the sub menu height; the video snaps are too big for the space; vertically things are OK but the right part (probably the right 1/5 of the video) is cropped off the screen. Is there a way to fix this?

The current code assumes that the video area is bigger on its width than its height.
If you stretch the submenu height too much, it is possible that the code will not properly resize the video in the contrary case.
When I have the time, I will change the code to take that possibility into account.
Meanwhile, you could simply increase the pause sub menu width a little bit. That way you would increase the video area on its width a little bit and compensate for the video height increase bug.

extracampine

RL Member
I did that, and it improves things a bit, but the video itself is too far to the right - there is a big gap between the video playback controls and the left side of the video. Also, the bottom 1/5 of the video is off the screen as well (despite me having increased the height of the sub-menu area; the video seems to have grown in height disproportionately).

extracampine

RL Member
I just kept increasing the margin figures for the video, and now have it showing the whole video (though the video itself is a bit too far down and to the right). Let me know once the height increase bug has been sorted.

Regarding screenshots, I've been struggling to do this as I am running RL on a Macbook via Bootcamp - so there is no screenshot button, and I haven't gotten the Mac screenshot shortcut to work. I tried using a third party screengrabber, but I can't activate it as Pause is fullscreen. Is there any way to run Pause in windowed mode so that I can get a screenshot?

extracampine

RL Member
Is it still not possible to raise the height of the main menu bar by more than "-199"? If I go to -200 then it seems to reset to the default position in the middle of the screen.