HyperLaunch Icon...?

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
I'm weird and I have different icons for all my folders (It helps me move through directories more quickly). I'd like to use the Hyperlaunch icon for my hyperlaunch folder, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have the icon?

Thanks!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
You can set unique icons in explorer? Lol never thought of doing this. You should be able to just set the exe as the source for the icon.

Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
I can't understand how anyone could scroll through as many directories as is needed without changing the folder icons of at least some of them hahaha. Maybe my eyes just do pictures better than text.

Also, you can in fact just point to an exe and use that icon. That's awesome. Thanks!

If you look in my FTP folder on the HS FTP, I made/found some pretty decent icons for the Bizhawk (but the discohawk looks better so I use that), Mame, Mess, and RetroArch folders, as well a nice HS icon, and a few more generic folder icons I downloaded.

Thanks again for the tip!

The only problem is it seems like you need different size icons for different folder "view" size settings, and oddly enough the bigger ones don't seem to scale down well. The HL EXE icon looks perfect if you set the view to "medium icons" but the Hyperspin icon from my FTP, which is bigger, looks bonky unless you use "large icons" view. Maybe one day I'll standardize it all.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Well you can embed the diff sizes into a single ico file, like I do with HL, might be why some look better than others. If the author doesn't take the time to cover both large and small sizes, then it can look odd if windows does any automatic resizing.