HyperLaunch v3.1.0.0 Beta

Hunk_4TH

RL Member
Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys put into this wow! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Last edited:

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
Woho! Thanks. I got a bit scared when I updated as all games were gone from the list, until I remembered that the games are in HyperSpin and I had to add that frontend and select it as the active one =)

Looks awesome so far. Big thanks for the Clone support in HyperPause. Will save my poor FTP a few GBs of space.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I have not been much around these last months but that update motivates me to give HS a bit of love and beta test this baby. :D Thanks guys for your time!

No bugs found yet but one observation: (for Bleasby, I guess):p
Nice you embedded zerodreams' fade project. However, the "Extra Layer 1 - Console" image is not being pickup up, though. Do we have to rename the existing console images to Layer1 or is it planned to add an Extra layer in the final version?

Thks but you should create a forum thread for asking that. :p

In the new animation there is no need for the transparent image that zero used on his original fade animation on the fade layer 2 place, therefore, you can use the fade layer 2 to show the console image.
Just rename the "Extra Layer 1 - Console.png" file to "Layer 2.png" and everything should be fine.

Edit: My bad. After rechecking the Layer 2 is being used by the Info Bar now.
You could always merge both console and background images on a system basis, or you would need some extra code to show the console image on a extra layer.

Last edited:

mkillinder

Supporter
RL Member
You all RAWK SAWKS!!! Thanks for all the hard work guys. It's enough to make a grown man cry! :eek:

gigapig

RL Member
It's been 2 days and I'm still reading the change log. :eek: although being slightly inebriated hasn't helped.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Quick update on HyperLaunchHQ to v1.1.1 in order to fix some reported bugs.

v1.1.1 (December 27th, 2014):
* Made text MG artworl label text field editable under Settings->Plugins
* Fixed a bug in the HLHQ Plugin which was making the XML creation fail when adding a new system
* Fixed bug where the IC Enable option was updating the wrong setting
* Fixed issue with relative paths when launching the active frontend directly from HLHQ

egitto

RL Member
Quick update on HyperLaunchHQ to v1.1.1 in order to fix some reported bugs.

v1.1.1 (December 27th, 2014):
* Made text MG artworl label text field editable under Settings->Plugins
* Fixed a bug in the HLHQ Plugin which was making the XML creation fail when adding a new system
* Fixed bug where the IC Enable option was updating the wrong setting
* Fixed issue with relative paths when launching the active frontend directly from HLHQ

Grazie del lavoro svolto.
Tutto a posto per ora.
Non riesco a mettere le scritte sulla barra INFO durante l'avvio del gioco.
Potreste postarmi il file "Fade Animations" e "Zero Dreams fade" per monitor 1366x768.
La barra info in basso.
Grazie mille

Thanks to the work done.
All right for now.
I can not put the writing on the bar INFO during the start of the game.
You may postarmi the file "Fade Animations" and "Zero Dreams fade" to monitor 1366x768.
The info bar at the bottom.
Thank you very much

Last edited:

duff

RL Member
Just curious why HL will error on rom names with [ or ]? Many roms use that for extra descriptions like [a1] or [hack] or [Translated]. I use them because normal parentheses are already used for other things like alternative names or (Disc 1) etc. I guess I could change that but what's the reason?

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
These characters are not compatible with the ini file settings that HyperLaunch uses.

For supporting them we would need to add a specific character conversion, something like already happens in xml files for & replaced by &, and convert them in hyperlaunch ini read functions. It is a lot of trouble to support something like that. Maybe if one of us sometime in the far future get the free time for doing this, this could be added, but there are much more urgent stuff to handle right now.

Anyway, if you use the Hyperlist file convention you will have no problem with it.

duff

RL Member
Thanks for the explanation bleasby. I hope that can be handled soon. For anyone not following the no-intro convention exclusively (especially non-hyperspin users) these are rather common characters. So unfortunately I won't be able to upgrade yet. I'd rather not rename hundreds of files and xml entries. But then again, if I can give myself another reason to do so, I just might :)

brolly

Administrator
Developer
"[" and "]" characters were never supported by HyperLaunch since HL uses ini files to store the settings, there's just no easy way to support these I'm afraid.
It doesn't mean HL won't work, it means you won't be able to setup any game specific settings since section names won't accept the square bracket characters.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
FYI, many modules use game-specific settings in the module inis. I would venture to say most modules do.

duff

RL Member
Well I've never had a problem up to this point, so I guess I'm ok then! I don't use game specific settings, or maybe I just don't have the games that have preset settings, so I'll see if anything changes after upgrading. Thanks.

pirilipi

RL Member
felices fiestas brolly & djvj ! desde argentina un gran saludo. ustedes me hacen mas feliz que santa claus y los reyes magos juntos!
ayer descargue (via git t) desde otra pc la actualizacion del hyperlaunch & hyperlaunch hq. y reemplace todos los archivos.
ahora tengo un problema. no se como hacer para que aparezca la lista de sistemas. debo configurarlos de nuevo desde el Hyperhq TODOS?.

Happy holidays brolly and djvj ! great des greeting from Argentina . They make you happier than me Santa Claus and the Magi together!
Download yesterday (via git t ) from another pc hyperlaunch the upgrade and hyperlaunch HQ . and replace to All Files .
Now I have a problem. do not know how to display the list of systems . I reconfigure from Hyperhq ALL ?.
(i have now the: hyperhq v1.3......hyperlaunch v3.1 and hyperlaunchhq v1.1.1)

tonesmalone

RL Member
felices fiestas brolly & djvj ! desde argentina un gran saludo. ustedes me hacen mas feliz que santa claus y los reyes magos juntos!
ayer descargue (via git t) desde otra pc la actualizacion del hyperlaunch & hyperlaunch hq. y reemplace todos los archivos.
ahora tengo un problema. no se como hacer para que aparezca la lista de sistemas. debo configurarlos de nuevo desde el Hyperhq TODOS?.

Happy holidays brolly and djvj ! great des greeting from Argentina . They make you happier than me Santa Claus and the Magi together!
Download yesterday (via git t ) from another pc hyperlaunch the upgrade and hyperlaunch HQ . and replace to All Files .
Now I have a problem. do not know how to display the list of systems . I reconfigure from Hyperhq ALL ?.
(i have now the: hyperhq v1.3......hyperlaunch v3.1 and hyperlaunchhq v1.1.1)

Add your frontend in HLHQ