[SOLVED] Hyperspin - Black screen of death - corrupt png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konamito

RL Member
Yesterday I updated RL as I was prompted in the RLUI.

A while after I tried to launch HyperSpin from Desktop icon and I got a blank black screen with no wheels, no artwork... Nothing, just a totally black screen.

So I tried to change from Multi to Single System in HyperSpin HQ, selecting MAME as the only system and HyperSpin loaded fine (just MAME system wheel and games, of course).

I think this problem came because of updating RL. But I know you guys have a better knowledge.

I'm out now so I can't paste here my RLUI log. But I'll do it once I get home tonight.

Just in case, I leave here my HyperSpin log (no many info on it, though):

05:33:55 PM | HyperSpin Started
05:33:55 PM | Going FullScreen
05:33:55 PM | Checking for updates
05:33:55 PM | Update Check Complete
05:33:55 PM | Startup program unavailable
05:33:55 PM | Error intializing joysticks
05:33:55 PM | Menu Mode is multi
05:33:55 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml
05:33:55 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Re: Black screen of death after RL update

HS and RL/RLUI have nothing to do with each other. That's like saying, my fridge is making noise and now my car doesn't work. Look elsewhere or something else you changed in your PC.

Konamito

RL Member

So the problem comes from HyperSpin, you say? The RL log doesn't apply here, right?

I've been making some tests and HyperSpin doesn't work when Mode > Multi under General tab is selected in HyperSpinHQ. But it works when I select Mode > Single. HyperSpin starts adn I can see the wheel no matter which system I choose in HyperSpinHQ (Commodore AMIGA, MAME, Microsoft MSX, etc.).

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member

Hmm I would go with a sink and disposal analogy. Both can work completely separate but the disposal works much better with the sink running =)

Konamito

RL Member

Solved!!!

The problem was in Media/Main Menu/Images/Wheel. The MAME.png file was corrupted and Windows could not show it... So I saved a new PNG file and problem is gone away.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.