Kodi with RocketLauncher

bribbon

RL Member
Hi together

I worked now since 3 weeks on my new frontend on a base from Rom Collection Browser and the new RocketLauncher.

I have another full working HyperSpin setup which I updated to the latest v1.4. RocketLauncher is up to date with all the knowing changes in the Update Log. Now after my work, I'm getting more and more confused and I hope that here is the best place to make a discussion, to help my and any others interested.

First, I'm having now 2 independant RocketLauncher installations:
A.) D:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher (sure, a classic configuration with HyperSpin as frontend and RocketLauncher as Launcher)
B.) D:\Emubox\Kodi and D:\Emubox\RocketLauncher (my new config: Rom Collection Browser (Kodi) as frontend and RocketLauncher as Launcher...)

As RocketLauncher is now a unique Frontend, I'd like to have only one of these installation. Would be my favorite if I can have HyperSpin and Kodi with only 1 RocketLauncher installation..

But, I'm knowing about we have to change the frontend (example HyperSpin) in RLUI to get it working. So far so good.
On my Kodi setup I don't have configured Kodi as my frontend. There is still the original parameter: RocketLauncher as frontend configured. Otherwise, in my HyperSpin setup ist Hyperspin as the frontend marked...

How can i separate them? Are there any problems with Xpadder if I have only 1 RocketLauncher for two systems (Kodi, HyperSpin).
How knows Xpadder that he must switch to A.) HyperSpin frontend or B.) Kodi frontend?

I hope I wrote it somewhat understandable. Otherwise, I apologize for my bad english. thanks for your advice!

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Hi bribon.

In order to tell RocketLauncher which frontend its using at each moment you should send a cli argument when launching the game with RocketLauncher.

So basically, the correct way of calling RockeLauncher is sending something like this:

rocketlaucnher.exe -s "MAME" -r "tmnt" -f "c:\Kodi\Kodi.exe" -p "Rom Collection Browser"

You can read more about this here:
http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Command_Line_Parameters

Each frontend have to send its "-f" parameter to give RocketLauncher the info about were to find the frontend.

So, on your configs on Rom Collection Browser you must to adjust the command line sent to include the "-f" parameter that tells RocketLauncher the path to the current frontend that you want to use, and the "-p" parameters to use the correct plugin made for the frontend that you use.

Unfortunately, we still had no time to make a plugin for the Rom Collection Browser assets, so you could use the "RLDefault" plugin while somebody dosen't create one specific for Rom Collection Browser.

Once you do that, you can use frontend named folders on the keymapper folder to include different xpadder profiles for each frontend without problems.

bribbon

RL Member
Hey bleasby

Thank you so much four your informative answer!
That's exactly what I do not savvy to date. Apparently was my English understandable :D Thank you!

This was my CLI where RBC sendet before:
-f "D:\Kodi\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe" -s "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "%ROMNAME%"

is now following your example:
-f "D:\Kodi\Kodi.exe" -s "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "%ROMNAME%" -p "RLDefault"

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
RocketLauncher needs a plugin file to know how to handle each specific emulator.
You can see the plugins made on the RocketLaunch\plugins folder.
As rom collection has not a plugin made yet, you could let the "-p"parameter empty and RocketLauncher will use the default plugin instead (rlplugin). In that case, i believe that you should place your frontend xpadder profiles on the rockelauncher/profiles/xpadder/rldefault folder if I am not mistaken.
I cannot check it right now but just try it and look at your log for the folders that rocketlauncher is looking for xpadder profiles

Sent from my GT-I9000B using Tapatalk 2

bribbon

RL Member
Ok, I know several steps further. If I start a game with RCB, it works now with the new CLI as before. I will have to setup some Xpadder profiles for the default "RLDefault" plugin.

But if I launch a game from Hysperspin, then I will get every time the following error: C:\HyperSpin\Database\Nintendo Entertainment System\Nintendo Entertainment System.xml. Well understood, HyperSpin is in the path: D:\HyperSpin installed. Happened no idea why.

Parameters for the scenario above:
- HyperSpin\Settings\Settings.ini (have the new RL path)
- RocketLauncher -> frontend is now HyperSpin as "active" and "default"
- RocketLauncher frontend config is: Correct HyperSpin path; Plugin: Automaitc; Modul: default

I tested it in HyperHQ with several CLI-configurations as:
-f "D:\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe" -s "Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "%ROMNAME%" -p "HyperSpin"

or
-f "D:\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe" -s "Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "%RomName%" -p "HyperSpin"

or at least:
"RocketLauncher.exe" -s "Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "%RomName%" -p "HyperSpin"

I also tried the following settings in HyperHQ:
Launcher: Normal (with CLI parameters above) or HyperLaunch with standard HS-CLI
Send Full Rompath: yes
In my view, does the forward and reverse communication between HS and RL OK.

Everytime I'm getting this message that RL cannot find the HS database on drive C: (!??)
I'm getting the same error when I setup Kodi/RCB last week. I could fix this, first, by sending the correct CLI from RCB to RL:
-f "D:\Kodi\Kodi.exe" -s "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "%ROMNAME%" -p "RLDefault"

AND second (!)
.. by copy all HS databases to: D:\Kodi\RocketLauncher\Database (installation without HyperSpin/2 different RL)

So I had twice copy the databases:
- D:\Kodi\RocketLauncher\RockerLauncherUI\Database (without Hyperspin, to see all Systems in RLUI + to edit: System.xml @D:\Kodi\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\system.xml)
- D:\Kodi\RocketLauncher\Database (so this error no longer occurs: C:\HyperSpin\Database\system..... not found)

How do i configure now RocketLauncher to work together with HyperSpin and Rom Collection Browser?
Slowly, I am also willing to do so all three programs to be copied into separate folders. But if that's the solution?

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Let me guess, do you have RocketLauncher installed on C: and HyperSpin on D:?

There was a limitation with HyperSpin that obliged RocketLauncher to try to "guess" its path on some cases. This could be your case.
If the "guess" is wrong, RocketLauncher would not find the databases as in your case.

Your cli is perfect for Kodi/RCB, or for any other frontend, except for the case of HyperSpin by now but I will check on how to make it work on HyperSpin also.

You have two options:
1) (the fast one) Move the RL for the same drive as your HyperSpin install.
2) (the better one) Just wait for the next RocketLauncher version. I will test your scenario and make sure that we can support that. Also, there will be a new option to set your default frontend path that could surpass this issue.

bribbon

RL Member
Dear bleasby

Thank you again for your answers. I will get you a oversight about my path's:

my old HyperSpin installation included roms, emus, RL, etc.:
D:\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe
D:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

My New "frontend-folder" on a base of Rom Collection Browser / Kodi:
D:\Kodi\Kodi.exe
D:\Kodi\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

now I'd like to use the second RocketLauncher as the default and I'd like to delete the other RL-folder in HyperSpin path. I think that in the future Hyperspin disappears.

HS and/or HL/RL was never installed on the C: drive. And believe me that I've already checked all the important files in order to find this wrong path C:\HyperSpin\Database\.... nothing found. But there are a few pages on google if I search with the errorcode from Logfile (see post above). There was several peoples having this issue, even at the time of hyperlaunch.

I thank you for any other proposal.

I'm looking now to find more out.. If it is helpfull for you, you can have a look or test over teamviewer. no problem. :) PM me if your interested.

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I cannot test anything right now or connect with team viewer, but as soon as I can I will reproduce your paths and see exactly what is happening in my machine to give you a perfect answer next time.

Just give me sometime, as now I have to solve some other things not RL related that are demanding a lot of time from me.

Sent from my GT-I9000B using Tapatalk 2