KodiBox v7 Official Release Available

soft-bug

RL Member
Hi,

The KodiBox is now available freely. You need a Windows System (7, 8 .. up to 10) in 64 bits.

The download located in ScreenZone forums are 4 archives of 4 go and 1 of 900 Mo.

kodibox.png

Based on XBMC / KODI, this project use RocketLauncher to manage emulators !

and we are working on the next release :

Current Systems included are :

CPS I
CPS II
CPS III
Sammy AtomiSwave
Sega ST-V
Cave
SNK NeoGeo
Full Set MegaDrive
Top 100 MegaDrive
Sega 32X
Sega Master System

ENGLISH User Guide : http://www.mediafire.com/view/cucdpri8xwyglv1/KodiBox__userguide.pdf

IMPORTANT : Roms and Bios are not included ... [ A dedicated Tool named KodiRomControl helps you making list of required missing Roms ]

Thanks again to RocketLauncher community to provide us to make such integrated project ! :cool:

Just wanted to share it with you.

In a way, this is a proof of concept that all front ends can use RocketLauncher ...

Regards,

The ScreenTeam

Last edited:

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
KodiBox v7 Official Realease Available

Sick music and sweet setup. Where can I find those bezels? I have a set but not for cave etc

Tapatalk signature

Last edited:

austin585

Supporter
RL Member
Re: KodiBox v7 Official Realease Available

Nice mate :) I have experience with KODI/XBMC. Be nice to see what I could pull from this and if it makes thing simple for a quick option user. You mind if I take a build and feature it in a Youtube Vid on my Channel to see how it goes?

CHANNEL HERE IF YOU WISH TO CHECK IT OUT

Last edited:

soft-bug

RL Member

Nice mate :) I have experience with KODI/XBMC. Be nice to see what I could pull from this and if it makes thing simple for a quick option user. You mind if I take a build and feature it in a Youtube Vid on my Channel to see how it goes?

CHANNEL HERE IF YOU WISH TO CHECK IT OUT

Well, you want to make a video about it ?

No problem, Just do it !

Sorry, i'm not english and i hope that i've understand what you want to make. I've seen your Youtube channel and it's an huge work ...

drewjbx

RL Member

'supported systems' I assume boxart all setup... videos?
Will you be adding more systems in the future... looks awesome!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer

Great looking setup, thanks for posting. Will be watching progress on this.

trnzaddict

RL Member

Soft-Bug, so did you guys actually fix the long standing problems with Aeon Nox not working correctly with RCB?

soft-bug

RL Member

Hi,

@ Ninja2bseen : Bezels can be found in ScreenZone Forums or into the KodiBox

@ drewjbx : All you can see in the youtube video is provided into the KodiBox ! (except Roms and bios ...)

@ trnzaddict : We only make integration of pieces (rlauncher, XBMC/KODI, emulators, RCB, Skins ...) we do not change anything . Trying to stay into the standard. The only changes are what we add to gather all this package : AHK programs, SQLITE databases ..

We are now working on the v8 ... SNES, SEGA Model 2,3 ... and we await the new RCB bugs correction release ..

Thank you for your support !

soft-bug

RL Member

Hi,

Well , news from the KodiBox v8 :

- New Fades for (Megadrive- Master Systeme-Dreamcast-Neogeo-32X)
- 4 new systems integrated : Sega Model 2 et 3 - Sega Triforce - Sega Dreamcast
- New skin and Wall displaying
- RSS from Jeuxvideo.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOiQRd10_Gk

Availability : not planned ...

soft-bug

RL Member
Hi,

The new KodiBox release will be available the 28 november 2015 !

Finally 6 systems have been intergrated to the KodiBox v8.

Sega Model 2
Sega Model 3
Sega Triforce
Sega Dreamcast
Super Nintendo Entertainment System Version PAL
Nintendo 64

Have a nice day !

alexdc22

RL Member
Man this looks like it will be for me... huge fan of kodi and bought my alienware alpha just for it... this is awesome and a welcome adition to kodi
Thx

soft-bug

RL Member
Man this looks like it will be for me... huge fan of kodi and bought my alienware alpha just for it... this is awesome and a welcome adition to kodi
Thx

Hi Man,

The current KodiBox v7 is still available FREELY for approx 20 Go (without Roms and Bios).. if you can't wait the 28 november !

By this way, you could test your AlienWare Alpha. But remember that the KodiBox is linked to RocketLauncher and includes 64 bits emulators and games descriptions are in French language.

Breaking News : We have now uploaded the KodiBox v8, to prepare official diffusion ... the weight package is between 45 / 50 Go.

Last edited:

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Is go gigabytes? Will there be an option for non emulator packs for those that just use kodi as movie center?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bundangdon

Hi,

The KodBoX v8 is now available !

This is great! I definitely enjoyed v7 and now I'm download v8. It will probably take a while :) I was wondering, how could I add my own systems/databases to this?
<edit> Ok, I found out how to add systems through the options and with rocketlauncher, but there's one thing I can't figure out. When I try to select any files, it will only let me select a program or folder within the "C" drive and won't let me access any other drives. Am I doing something wrong here?

Last edited:

soft-bug

RL Member
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We currently have a dedicated process to insert or create new systems into the KodiBox. We have developped a tool (3000 code lines) to automate this into the KodiBox. Because the original RCB only takes english informations from online Scrapers.

KodiBox = XBMC/KODI + Rom Collection Browser + RocketLauncher + Emulators

The more simply to add system is to use HyperFreeSoft to generate NFO files from HyperSpin XML Databases. THen use RCB to insert NFO files into its own SQLITE database instead of online scraper options. But, you also need, pochette, fanart ...
THen you must too configure RL and the emulators ...

It's why we propose the KodiBox and i can't sump up all the work done since 6 months with 3 guys to provide such package ... ;)

But you must know that we do not change the original XBMC or RCB program to permit new releases integration !

THe first tests were done with NFO files ... using RCB generic interface !

Last edited:

soft-bug

RL Member
I put here the direct download of the previous release : The KodiBoX v7

Remember that no rom or bios are included ! But i have done a tool KodiRomControl dedicated to inform about the missing roms requiered ! ;)

T1 : https://mega.nz/#!n5UBwSpa!FPpwjcPxYKrdJzyf7OCdY2AWamep0mTT6Qwvra3SNIs
T2 : https://mega.nz/#!Tk0wBZ5b!y6BKExLvYdzE4DhhgQFwA1gkwcaM_x-A7VSc8VauaY0
T3 : https://mega.nz/#!fo9FyYYI!qpS1BzloNV2OomKjWfg3_SlPTZtOyijvIckTcM1tXSU
T4 : https://mega.nz/#!Hk031Y5J!qYdDLYF2OGesFo7AC_KiWkMn0rMdGC_QBhb0h7-h07A
T5 : https://mega.nz/#!vh0SVSbb!kkd-I-RvXBnzbA9ODZeIf3UjHUWGz8YFZGT_O8ExhZM

Have a nice gaming experience !

fallini

Hello, first up I want to say thank you for this so much.

I am very much new to the rocketlauncher scene but am an avid an old time kodi user. So it is natural for me to try and combine my 2 worlds.