Mame not available as a default emulator

wishiwas

RL Member
Somehow I messed up my system. Mame was launching just fine until I upgraded versions.
Now Mame isnt even an option as a default emulator.
The only emulator available for Mame is Retroarch (which works fine, except I cant get my PS2 trackball to work with it).

snikt!

RL Member
So what changed? Has the new Version a different name? Then you have to point to the new .exe.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

snikt!

RL Member
Check „Global“, „Modules“, Click on „mame.ahk“ and then on „edit global emulator“ there should be the path to the default emulator. If it has a red border/is wrong, point to your new Mame version.

wishiwas

RL Member
Check „Global“, „Modules“, Click on „mame.ahk“ and then on „edit global emulator“ there should be the path to the default emulator. If it has a red border/is wrong, point to your new Mame version.

It turns out you are correct. All 3 Mame options are red. When I click on edit global emulator for Mame, I dont see a path option other than a bios.

snikt!

RL Member
I‘m on my way home. I will have a look at rocket launcher within the next hour. Maybe you can send me a screenshot?

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
You need to check/edit the settings for MAME on the Global -> Emulators tab. Not the modules tab.

snikt!

RL Member
Thanks man, I was doing it out of my head. I‘m at home now, so if some more help is needed I can have a look at my rocketlauncher.

tonesmalone

RL Member
What’s the name you have for the system you’re trying to set MAME as an emulator for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro