MEmu - New and amazing Android emulator

aorin1

RL Member
I was trying to use Bluestacks these days but that app is heavy, so a friend in HS forums told us about MEmu, I just checked that and it's amazingly smooth, light and fast, so I really think we should consider giving it a try.

This is the XDA thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/memu-powerful-android-emulator-to-play-t3157906

This is the app official site
http://www.xyaz.cn/en/

Actually, forget it, although the program is smooth and fast in its menu interface, it doesn't run games as it seemed, so next time I find something really interesting I'll test everything before requesting modules here, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
lol ok, let me know if you find another one.

What doesn't make sense is the first line on the homepage says play android games on your PC...

brolly

Administrator
Developer
The only Android emulator with ARM v7 support is AmiDuos afaik, never tried it, but it's very highly praised. Not free, but also not expensive.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
That's not really an android emu, it's a way to run android and windows w/o needing to dual boot on one pc.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Does that really matter? It plays games better than the rest as it seems so right now it's probably the best option.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
What I mean is it doesn't appear to be something that you just launch like an emu. I didn't look too much into it but it looks like it ties into the boot process, not something I would suggest installing as an emu just to try out a few android games. I have something like it running on my tablet and it's pretty invasive, not something you can just close like a normal app.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Never looked into it with detail, but from what I gathered it sounds like an emulator such as Genymotion so if it's backed up by adb you can do pretty much what you want through the adb shell, it's actually a lot more interactive than most emulators we support. Again I reinforce I never looked into it so going by what I briefly read on their docs.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Well if anyone wants to look into it and see if it supports CLI and some ability to direct launch a game, then a module can be made for it.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
AmiDuos doesn't support CLI, but if adb can be used with it then should be doable, but not something easy as you need to understand the adb commands. I might take a look at it one day as I worked with the adb and Genymotion when I developed some native android stuff a while back, but probably not happening anytime soon.

diskmach

RL Member
I was trying to use Bluestacks these days but that app is heavy, so a friend in HS forums told us about MEmu, I just checked that and it's amazingly smooth, light and fast, so I really think we should consider giving it a try.

This is the XDA thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/memu-powerful-android-emulator-to-play-t3157906

This is the app official site
http://www.xyaz.cn/en/

Actually, forget it, although the program is smooth and fast in its menu interface, it doesn't run games as it seemed, so next time I find something really interesting I'll test everything before requesting modules here, thanks for reading!

Maybe something got updated or so, and I don´t want to be a fanboy, because I haven´t tested it enough, but this seems to play anything you throw at it and without hiccups too. Almost too good to be true??
And you can install directly from your Google Play-account...

aorin1

RL Member
Maybe something got updated or so, and I don´t want to be a fanboy, because I haven´t tested it enough, but this seems to play anything you throw at it and without hiccups too. Almost too good to be true??
And you can install directly from your Google Play-account...

I'm going to try it again, if it does what it states, I think it will worth trying a module for it.