[SOLVED] MESS modules for Retro Consoles HELP needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox0786

RL Member
I am having trouble with MESS and I think its my module

I posted on Hyperspin but after 3 days still no one has replied so I thought id try here

I will just copy the thread across to here to make it easier

since then I have also tried Magnavox 2

Hi guys

I setup my HS with all dedicated emulators to start with and all worked but the emulation was iffy but the games worked just fine

Emulators where as follows

Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Jaguar
Lynx
Amstrad GX4000

I then decided to use MESS as the emulator

I noticed that only Atari 5200 had a MESS AHK

I looked at the MESS guide and also the AHK guide and decided to write my own for GX4000 and take it in steps

Inside of HyperlaunchHQ everything works fine with the Rocket test feature and the games starts up just fine

MESS as a standalone is also working fine

but when I try it on HyperSpin the AHK does not fire up I get nothing at all

also the HyperLauch.exe to test roms does the same and nothing happens

I then decided to test Atari 5200 which has a AHK already for MESS and I get the same thing

nothing happens not even an error message

but again in HyperlaunchHQ Rocket tab it works just fine and loads

I really need help as I think its defo my AHK files parameters that are not right and im very new to HS

Thanks you

I really would appreciate some help please

brolly

Administrator
Developer
AHK per system are for HyperLanch2 and that's not supported here.
For HL3/RL there's only 1 single MESS module which is used for all systems supported by MESS. So first you need to figure what HL version you are using and make sure you use the appropriate modules for that version.

silverfox0786

RL Member
Hi im using HL3 and within HLHQ and RL its fine MESS runs the desired game just fine. I assume this is via the Single MESS.ahk within the HL\modules Folder

Screenshot%202015-04-06%2021.35.55.png

but even then the individual systems need their own AHK so they can start the relevant emulator within Hyperspin which is where my issue is

for example

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Atari 5200
; MESS
; by BBB
; 1.0
;
; Notes:
; This module assumes you have a5200 bios in your MESS roms directory, which
; might be different than your actual roms directory.
;

RunWait, "%Executable%" a5200 -cart "%romPath%%romName%%romExtension%" -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -nonewui, %emuPath%, Hide
ExitApp

CloseProcess:
return

this is the MESS 5200 AHK that should start the emulator and game for 5200 but it does nothing,

unlike when I use this one

; Atari 5200
; kat5200 v0.6.2
; by djvj
; 1.0
;
; Notes:
; In you emu dir, create a subdir named bios and place the 5200.rom there extracted.
; When you first start kat5200, you will be presented with a Wizard. Set the bios folder you created as your "Atari 8-bit Image Directory" and leave Scan for BIOS? checked.
; While in the wizard, check the Fullscreen box to enable it and set Video Zoom to 2x.
; CLI is supported but doesn't seem to work. So for now, set your video options from the GUI.
; Settings are stored in the kat5200.db3 file.
; Roms must be extracted, zip is not supported

RunWait, "%executable%" "%romPath%%romName%%romExtension%", %emuPath%, Hide

ExitApp

CloseProcess:
WinClose, kat5200
Return

which is for Kat5200 and works just fine but the emulator is awefull and that's why I want to use MESS

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Those are HL2 modules not HL3! You probably don't have HyperSpin pointing to your HL3 folder in the Settings.ini file thus you're using the HL2 modules that are bundled with it.
Which means HLHQ is launching games using HL3 and HyperSpin is launching games using HL2.

silverfox0786

RL Member
im very new to HS and HL

can you explain or point me to the thread where I can see how to do this and get my HS pointing to the correct place please

Thank you

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Go to HyperSpin\Settings\Settings.ini
Open file in notepad
At the end of the Main section add this:
Hyperlaunch_Path=C:\HyperLaunch\

Pointing to whatever folder you have HL3 in of course.

That should be all you need. To make sure it's working rename the HyperLaunch.exe that comes bundled with HS to something else, that way if HS tries to call it you'll get an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.