Missing Modules and Systems

Styphelus

RL Member
When using the Launchbox Plugin, Rocketluncher no longer lets you add or rename a system. The icons are missing.

Also Lunchbox uses the terms Arcade and Windows for Mame and PC Games. Unfortunately, Rocketlauncher does not recognize them and does not provide modules for them. I tried playing around with it but no matter what I do, the modues for Mame and Pc Games just don't show up. As such, Rocketlauncher can't be used for those systems. Same goes for any custom system added to Launchbox. i tried adding one called Indie Games and it's the same issue. No modules can be assigned to it, although in my Hyperspin setup, this is not an issue. I can easily make a copy of my PC games modules folder, rename it and it works perfectly fine.

See the attached image.

Plugin.jpg

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Renaming systems is not supported in the LB plugin and will never be due to the way the LB stores info on a single huge XML with pretty much everything, so RLUI won't be writing to that file because it would potentially break your LB install in case Jason changes a field name or adds something else to it. Adding or renaming systems must be done through LB, this will mean manually renaming all RL related assets though.

You have a setting in the RLUI tab that will allow you to remove the name restriction when assigning modules to systems, not sure about the name out of the blue, but should be easy to find. There's no need to be copying modules around.

Styphelus

RL Member
Thanks for the quick response Brolly. I was pulling my hairs out.

I found the setting under the RocketLauncherUi tab > Genral Options > Valid Emulator/Modules Only.

Leaving this here in case someone else come across the same issue.

Seem like the only other issue I'm having is Fade not displaying information. I posted my log on the other thread with that topic.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Uncheck the "Valid Emulator/Modules Only" checkbox in the General Options section of the RocketLauncherUI tab in RLUI.