Modifying HyperLists to include only games for which you have the ROMs

brudog56

RL Member
Hello all,

I know that many of you probably aspire to have complete ROM collections, however, I have to think that at least some are like me & only care about certain games for each platform. When I first started using HyperSpin, one annoyance was that the wheels included ALL known games for each platform rather than just the ones you actually have. I figured out how to edit HyperList files to limit what's included on each wheel, but as much as I love manually editting XML, I'd rather do just about anything else instead! :laugh:

I created a tool to resolve this issue for myself & I thought I'd share it here. I call it the HyperSpin HyperList generator. As input, you specify a "source" hyperlist, your ROMs directory for the platform in question, and optionally, a "destination" hyperlist file path (if you don't specify a destination HL file, it overwrites the source HL (after first making a back-up of course!).

You can download it here.

This is very much a 0.0.1 version, so use/test at your own risk. Definitely LMK if you find any bugs! If it's useful to a lot of folks, I'd like to spruce it up and add more features. If I'm re-inventing the wheel, though, please tell me so that I stop wasting my time :laugh:

Dabil

RL Member
Nice work, I'll give it a try. I tend to only use the games I actually own in my set ups. So I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk