New Logo

Like the new logo?

• Hate it, bring back the old one!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zerojay

RL Member
It's really nice. I kind of wish that the icon would portray a bit more of what RL is about... so something videogamey would be nice, but I'm nitpicking.

ChrisKant

RL Member
a little bit too futuristic but better than the last one. Maybe with less effects and hard colorways... to make it more professional and serious

dragon57

Supporter
RL Member
It's really nice. I kind of wish that the icon would portray a bit more of what RL is about... so something videogamey would be nice, but I'm nitpicking.

I agree with this. The logo is very nice, but some kind of nod to what the whole thing is all about would be nice.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I feel it's hard to portray in a logo what you guys are suggesting. If you can think of specific ideas of what to put where, maybe we can work on something.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ChrisKant

RL Member
I feel it's hard to portray in a logo what you guys are suggesting. If you can think of specific ideas of what to put where, maybe we can work on something.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

for example, delete the fade colors... I guess this would make the logo more readable ...also the shadowing under the hard red outlines would be better to delete... in a fancy part of the page would both absolutely ok, but as the main logo I would thing "less is more"

look at all the big graphical interfaces nowadays... everything would be flat colors...

zero dreams

Supporter
RL Member
Absolutely love the new logo and I would go with the second logo that Marcoqwerty put up. You see the logo more than the white trying to make it more bold.

Hope it doesn't change to anything too retro but imo RocketLauncher's essence is really from the command line and it's like a core. When I think of the Rocket and the Launcher the first thing that comes to mind is a NASA display font which is pretty retro and I guess people who have that second monitor could display their fonts matching it. Personally, I like it the way it is and I'm just throwing it out there. Love the rocket.

Marcoqwerty

RL Member
I open to all changes...but remember i needed to resize the logo to 16x16 px, for this needing to be identificable and clean!

thanks for all comments....

suspendedhatch

RL Member
Yes, flat is the most up to date and current. That one is still a little off though... with the gradient it looks half 3D, half flat. What if the gradient was very subtle and used throughout the icon? Instead of grading to black, how about a darker version of the color? ie red to dark red. Like this: http://media.merchantcircle.com/22660520/sky-rgb-ns_full.jpeg

What about a texture or negative subtracted background like this: http://cdn.thedeadhub.com/wp-content/gallery/uploads/2011/05/Tapulous-Logo.jpg

Another option would be to simplify the rocket into as few geometric shapes as possible. Act like you're limited on colors and shapes. Completely flat and iconic.

I'm really glad the first RL logo was only temporary.

I strongly disagree with using something obvious in the logo, ie a generic character, an arcade or cartridge. We are always talking clients out of this. Every dentist wants a tooth in his logo. That's the surest way to make your logo look like it was done for free by a company that makes signs. Or to find yourself in Clipart Hell.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
It has come to my attention that the rocket used in the current logo is from a clipart/vector site. If I wanted to ever trademark it, I would not be able to. So I am still looking for something original or I will go back to the original logo I had up. I do like the original rocket and logo very much, especially the rocket as it has been with me for awhile, and was created from scratch for me.

bribbon

RL Member
nice draw! orange is near to the hypersin logo.

rocketlauncher

this word is too long for an application.

ChrisKant

RL Member
It has come to my attention that the rocket used in the current logo is from a clipart/vector site. If I wanted to ever trademark it, I would not be able to. So I am still looking for something original or I will go back to the original logo I had up. I do like the original rocket and logo very much, especially the rocket as it has been with me for awhile, and was created from scratch for me.

sadly...

maybe design that Word "Rocketlauncher" like a Rocket itself... so it would look like a rocket :)