No Game Audit using Launchbox Plugin?

damageinc86

RL Member
I have all my platforms in the Launchbox.xml (haven't updated yet, since it overwrites all my modules which takes away my custom Msystem names) it looks like it has all the emulator settings brought over, but I can't audit my games because nothing shows up. Then I go back to the default RocketlauncherUI plugin, and everything shows back up for my audits. I know that it's looking in the Databases folder in the RocketlauncherUI folder for the normal plugin, so how to get it to look there for the Launchbox plugin? I don't know. any help on this? thanks.

damageinc86

RL Member
Informative as always. Since you bumped this, the thread before mine is one about how the BigBox window moves after Rocketlauncher closes. Only thing really keeping me from using Launchbox right now. LB still launches all the games even if I have the Rocketlauncher pugin set to RLUI, because that's where all my systems are populated. It works fine, but that's only because I have all my hyperspin databases from before. Would be nice to have a proper Launchbox plugin system setup with game audit.

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
There's a temporary fix two or three threads ago, and I posted some info on the LB site about it.

The newest version of launchbox switched from using a massive launchbox.xml to smaller platform.xmls per system. This is a good thing, but the RL plugin needs to be updated, which one of the devs said is in the works. Its no big deal as there is a workaround for the time being. You just have to add / readd the info in your platform.xmls into a new/your old launchbox.xml in the main directory of LB, for now. Quick cut and paste job.

damageinc86

RL Member
Yeah, I did that. I took my platforms xml and renamed it Launchbox.xml for the main folder. The systems show up, but I can't run a game audit. It's as if there is no game database for the launchbox plugin. In the databases folder is the old hyperspin databases that the game audit looks for under the RLUI plugin when usind hyperspin. But why won't RLUI look for these databases under the Launchbox plugin?

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
That's because you just copied/renamed the Platforms.xml which only contains info about the systems. You now need to copy and paste the data from each of the system xmls in the Platforms folder into your LaunchBox.xml since those xmls are where the game data is stored.

damageinc86

RL Member
Oh wow, so that all used to be splattered into one xml with platforms and systems together? damn. Well thanks for the info. It doesn't need to be fixed to work, but it would just be nice. I saw there was an update so wait for that i guess. Side note. It would be nice to only update the RLUI code and not all the modules. That way you can keep the modules if you only want to update an aspect of functionality of rlui.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Oh wow, so that all used to be splattered into one xml with platforms and systems together? damn. Well thanks for the info. It doesn't need to be fixed to work, but it would just be nice. I saw there was an update so wait for that i guess. Side note. It would be nice to only update the RLUI code and not all the modules. That way you can keep the modules if you only want to update an aspect of functionality of rlui.

Remember that RLUI is the GUI element for RL so RLUI code needs to stay in sync with RL. There will be an update very soon though.

damageinc86

RL Member
Well yeah but I mean, maybe a tick box to tell the update to update the program(s), but not all the modules. Because every update I have to go back into the modules to add all the custom systems in the msystem place and one other place. Such as my NES Homebrew system, GBA Homebrew, SNES homebrew, etc. Or be able to select specific modules that you'd like to update, and others that you don't.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
That's why you do with your custom modules what they have put out when they added the update feature so your modules won't be overwritten.