Pause and Dolphin (developer build)

alnyden

RL Member
I know the Dolphin module is designed for 5.0, but that version does not play nice with my video card (crashes) so I have to use a more recent developer release. (Newer releases also run much faster and smoother).

There was a fix from another thread to make the module launch games correctly. (http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?4586-change-to-dolphin-command-line) However, the pause feature does not work at all (no response from hotkey). Any thoughts on making it work?

Thanks,

R

SupraKarma

Supporter
RL Member
I did a search and found your thread, then figured some things out on my own.

On my end, Pause will load just fine - but you can't see it. You hear it if you tap left or right on your control pad and the emulator itself does pause. All I had to do to fix it was to change the Render_To_Main setting to True in the module to fix it.

Not sure if that helps you out or not, but someone else will likely find this thread looking for an answer.

Edit: This solution is only partially a success. You lose controls when the game loads back up, and you need to mouse click the screen to get it back.

Is there a dev that can offer a quick fix solution for this? I would be most appreciative. :)

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I can try to walk you through what should be done, but I can't test this right now to give you a perfect answer.

Problems with pause not showing and the game not restoring correctly after pauses exits can be solved by adding specific code to the HaltEmu and RestoreEmu labels in the specific module.

The first thing you need to do is to answer if pause works when the emulator is run in windowed mode or bezel is enabled?

If the answer is yes, you need to search on your module for the haltEmu and RestoreEmu lables and add an special behavior to load pause and restore the emulator only when fullscreen is enabled.

If your only problem is happening when restoring the emulator only, you could try to add for example an win activation line to the restoreEmu Label:

Code:
RestoreEmu:
	;keep whatever code is not related with pause that is already on the module
	If (fullscreen = "True")
		WinActivate, ahk_id  %emulatorID%
Return

If the pause menu is not showing in the first place, maybe the emulator is being draw above it and you need to either minimize the emu or toggle its fullscreen status to make the pause menu to show. For example:

Code:
HaltEmu:
	If (fullscreen = "True")
		KeyUtils.Send("!{ENTER}") ;emu exits fullscreen mode
Return

RestoreEmu:
	If (fullscreen = "True")
		KeyUtils.Send("!{Enter}") ;emu enter fullscreen mode
Return

As I said before, I cannot give you a perfect answer (I don't have any game to test on dolphin), but if you search for those labels on other modules, you will see numerous examples of what can be done to solve this issue.

Reading the wiki about how to add pause support is also a very good source of information on how to solve those issues.

SupraKarma

Supporter
RL Member
If your only problem is happening when restoring the emulator only, you could try to add for example an win activation line to the restoreEmu Label:

Code:
RestoreEmu:
	If (fullscreen = "True")
		WinActivate, ahk_id  %emulatorID%
Return

This worked perfectly for the problem I was having. I will certainly read up on the wiki next time I have similar issues. Thanks Bleasby!

alnyden

RL Member
Thanks for the responses guys. Unfortunately mine is still not working despite trying above suggestions. (No response to keypress, can't hear pause in background). SupraKarma, what version of Dolphin are you using, and what module #? (I'm on Dolphin 5.0 - 3912, modified module 2.2). Since you got this working maybe I can try your exact version. Thanks...