[SOLVED] PCLauncher Prelaunch Choice: Sleep or RunWait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebrow

Would it be possible to have a checkbox in the PreLaunch section that would allow the PreLaunch to be executed as a "RunWait" statement instead of the default "Run" statement? I have been configuring many games through PCLauncher and some require a PreLaunch command that may take more time than is configured in the PreLaunchSleep field. To alleviate the issue, I leave the PreLaunchSleep field empty and modified the PreLaunch statement from "Run" to "RunWait." Now the Application statement is launched as soon as the PreLaunch command terminates and I don't have to keep guessing as to what is a comfortable value for a game that may rely on network resources and tasks to be performed before the application statement can be executed. This is just a suggestion and others may want to choose bewteen using PreLaunch as a "RunWait" or the PreLaunchSleep configured with a PreLaunch default "Run" statement.

If this feature has already been requested or it is already in PCLauncher, excuse my ignorance! I'm new to using PCLauncher and may have easily overlooked something!

There are pros and cons for each scenario but I just thought I'd put it out there for a potential feature request!

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I never played with the PCLauncher module, but this indeed seams to be a desirable feature to have and not that difficult to implement.

This could be added to the current module as a simple module option the way I see it.

I would just wait for djvj opinion on that, as he is the guy that have complete knowledge on all the pc launcher stuff.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I added it to module v2.0.5. Will be pushed with next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.