PCSX2 Nightly Builds Support

FoxLuthor

RL Member
Take two...
Looks to be working for me at least but only when I uncheck "Render to Main Window" (Settings->Interface->Game Display uncheck "Render to Main Window"):
View attachment 3430
Also have to make the main window transparent and toggle the menu:
emuPrimaryWindow.ToggleMenu()
emuPrimaryWindow.Set("Transparent",0)
I just removed a few checks your code does, and it just works, (lines 116, 112 and 124) . Given that those inis don't exist on the nightly.... I just removed and it's working on PCSX2 on today's nightly version. Thanks!

Attachments

• PCSX2.zip
    11 KB · Views: 92

espid

Supporter
I just removed a few checks your code does, and it just works, (lines 116, 112 and 124) . Given that those inis don't exist on the nightly.... I just removed and it's working on PCSX2 on today's nightly version. Thanks!
Thanks for me it is operative in v1.7.3083 QT

espid

Supporter
in the latest versions QT no longer works something they have changed v1.7.3208, the last version tested by me and that worked for me was v1.7.3083.

Does anyone know what happened?

espid

Supporter
I use these two modules that I took from this forum and they work for me in these emulator versions:

pcsx2-v1.7.3083-windows-64bit-AVX2-Qt

pcsx2v1.7.3226-windows-64bit-AVX2-wxWidgets

Attachments

• PCSX2 ++ v1.7.0 AVX2 QT.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 72
  • PCSX2 ++ v1.7.0 AVX2 wxWidgets.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 53
I use these two modules that I took from this forum and they work for me in these emulator versions:

pcsx2v1.7.3226-windows-64bit-AVX2-wxWidgets
I downloaded the first module and the loading screen is still showing as the games audio is playing. Is this a module thing or an error in my RocketLauncher?

espid

Supporter
I downloaded the first module and the loading screen is still showing as the games audio is playing. Is this a module thing or an error in my RocketLauncher?
but you use this version of the emulator

or do you have the latest? It works for me until the version that I put on, then what you say happens, it stays on the loading screen and does not leave the emulator.

FoxLuthor

RL Member
I wasn't able to hide some icons when running, but it's working again (changed a single line on the former code I uploaded from "Qt630QWindowIcon" to"Qt631QWindowIcon" in line 55, still based on Nigel95's work), since the gui changed the QT version from that 6.3.0 to 6.3.1 so the change is going to be needed when the QT is again updated on subsecuent versions (632 and so on). But in order to start fullscreen, be sure to check that option inside the emulator so you get the correct experience when running RL.

Attachments

• PCSX2.zip
    11 KB · Views: 70

aorin1

RL Member
The emulator doesn't exit properly on my end, the qt version. It goes back to the games list.
Are you guys having the same issue or it's just me?

FoxLuthor

RL Member
On the emulator, click on settings menu then select hotkeys. Then set with the ESCAPE key, the SHUT DOWN VIRTUAL MACHINE, so when pressing escape on RL, also closes the emulator. Hopefully it'll work for you.

espid

Supporter
The emulator doesn't exit properly on my end, the qt version. It goes back to the games list.
Are you guys having the same issue or it's just me?
Hello,

The same thing happened to me with this ahk, then I applied the QT 6.3.1 changes in my ahk module and after restarting my PC the error was removed... I'll pass you my ahk module that I've been using for many years and applying modifications to it according to leaving for the module.

I hope it works for you

Sorry for the english google translator

Attachments

• PCSX2 ++ v1.7.0 AVX2 QT.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 96

espid

Supporter
I tried again and it does not close pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe

put this line at the end of everything, replace Return with what I command you to brute force kill the pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe with the ESC key, so if it exits the process... it's a temporary fix but it works!!

Escape::
Process,Close,pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe
Run,taskkill /im "pcsx2-qtx64-avx2" /F
ExitApp
Return

Last edited:

aorin1

RL Member
I tried again and it does not close pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe

put this line at the end of everything, replace Return with what I command you to brute force kill the pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe with the ESC key, so if it exits the process... it's a temporary fix but it works!!

Escape::
Process,Close,pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe
Run,taskkill /im "pcsx2-qtx64-avx2" /F
ExitApp
Return
Hey, may not be the most elegant way, but it's working.
I had to change from 'pcsx2-qtx64-AVX2' to 'pcsx2-qtx64' as my CPU only supports up to AVX1.

Flostingyeti

RL Member
Every nightly build is available in a wxWidgets version and Qt version.

The PCSX2 module needs no modification to continue using the wxWidgets version.

If we are using RL to directly launch a game we don't use the new QT GUI anyway.

I'm getting the new features and performance improvements from the wxWidget nightly builds.

Am I completely wrong assuming that? If so, what am I missing by not using the QT version?

t824601

RL Member
Looks like the PCSX2 module broke again.

--fullscreen is no longer recognized, now its -fullscreen. I made most of the changes, but then no game shows on screen and Hyperspin just shows an error.

Do we have a new updated module for the nightly builds? Thank you!

Last edited: