PCSX2 Nightly Builds Support

kreator

Hi group,
I have downloaded the last PCSX2 Nightly Buidls (1.7.2736), but these N.B versions use the GS.ini file, and not the GSdx.ini.
Is there any version of the modules that supports the Nightly versions?

I've tried to change, in the PSCX2.ahk (that supports CHD - 1.5.0-dev-263), the file name inis\GSdx.ini to inis\GS.ini, and it works but some games inside the Rlauncher goes X2. Like Prince of Persia - Sands of time.
Maybe i miss to mod something else in the ahk.

Thanks and party On!!!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I modified the module a few weeks ago to test the nightly build. Haven't made sure everything else still works though.

kreator

Hey, 100% thanks. I've tried and it works like charm with the Nightly build!!!!!. I tried God of War 1 and 2, prince of Persia Sands, GTA San andreas, and few more, and it's great. It takes from GameDB the configs and autoconfigure the games.

Thanks again.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I modified the module a few weeks ago to test the nightly build. Haven't made sure everything else still works though.

holy comments :abnormal:

kreator

Hi, later i can paste my moded DJVJ module. But it's not working 100%, the esc Key doesn't close the emu. But at least and for now it run the games:)

Enkak

RL Member
Hi, later i can paste my moded DJVJ module. But it's not working 100%, the esc Key doesn't close the emu. But at least and for now it run the games:)
Generally using "Esc" to exit is not a good idea due to emulators using that key for other functions and possible conflicts. Personally I use "Q" as the global exit in RL.

kreator

Hi, thanks for the info, i'll try to change the exit Key, but the thing is that with the mod i made,when i press ESC, the game closes correct and then hyperspin returns to games menu, but the emulator continues in background but without any game running.
Let's see if i can take some time to check it :)

Today i get a new error with the Window ahk_Class. I need to discover which name has got it in this new QT nightly version.
"There was an error waiting for the windows "ahk_class_wxWindowNR". Please....

Any one know how to know the correct name? :)
Here i attach my semi-mod module
cheers

Attachments

• PCSX2 qt nightly.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 202

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
For some reason RL is not detecting this new QT window properly. If I get some time, I'll look into it more if nobody does it first. For the time being, I updated the pastebin module linked above with the latest changes which supports both PCSX2 variants by autodetecting via the executable.

Another thing to keep in mind is 1.7.x removed most of the old CLI switches. So they are disabled in this module now too. If you used them, stay on 1.6.x.

kreator

Cool, thanks a lot. If i get some time i'll try to look into the module, but i'm not a really expert :p
Yes i know that 1.7 changed most of the Switches, but for now, all the games that i use have them all by default and the emulator auto configure them. THanks for the advert.
All the best and thanks for this great job!!!!

Enkak

RL Member
QT version has also an additional problem, a serious one, at least for me. It doesn't work in windows 8.1 and earlier versions due to using QT 6 version 3.0. Same issue affects the recent Dolphin dev versions. DuckStation for now has not that problem because it uses QT 6 version 1.0. RPCS3, Citra and Yuzu also still work because they use QT 5 instead.

Last edited:

Imgema

RL Member
How can i make this module not mess with my memory cards?

I'm using the folder option for my memory card saves when i run PCSX2 by itself. But the module insists on creating it's own memory card, ignoring the ones i created before.

Changing the memory card setting in RL to on/off/default makes no difference. I'm not using QT btw.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
It doesn't change memory cards when set to default or false. If you think it does, check your log to prove it's RL and not something else. There is lots of logging when the module touches the memcards.

Nige23

I have taken the paste bin from DJVJ, made the below changes and the QT version seems to be running ok for me now.
Still does not close the emu off when exiting.

djvj said:

pcsx2 test - Pastebin.com

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
pastebin.com

Changed lines 55 to 58 from:

emuPrimaryWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle(,"Qt630QWindowIcon"),,,"PCSX2") ; instantiate primary emulator window object
emuGUIWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle("PCSX2","Qt630QWindowIcon"))
emuLoadingWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle("Speed","Qt630QWindowIcon"),,"PCSX2") ; "Speed" stats never appear in the title like the wx version has
;emuBootingWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle("Booting","Qt630QWindowIcon"))

to:
emuPrimaryWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle("PCSX2 Nightly","Qt630QWindowIcon")) ; instantiate primary emulator window object
emuGameWindow := emuPrimaryWindow

This started to throw the error message "There was an error detecting when PCSX2 finished loading your game. Please report this so the module can be fixed.", so I changed line 357 from "Sleep, 200" to "Sleep, 2000".

Attachments

• PCSX2_QT.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 122

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
That didn't fix anything. Changing Sleep to 2000 only makes the detection loop take 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds. You'll get the same error, just later on.

Also the emuPrimaryWindow of the actual game does not have "PCSX2 Nightly" as the title. The title is part of the rom name. "PCSX2 Nightly" is the emu GUI before the game launches. There's a reason the module ignores that, so bezels work properly and don't unhide the emulator too soon when a user wants to hide the loading process.

Nige23

Take two...
Looks to be working for me at least but only when I uncheck "Render to Main Window" (Settings->Interface->Game Display uncheck "Render to Main Window"):
Interface settings.jpg
Also have to make the main window transparent and toggle the menu:
emuPrimaryWindow.ToggleMenu()
emuPrimaryWindow.Set("Transparent",0)

Attachments

• PCSX2_QT.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 213

aorin1

RL Member
This module needs a more substantial update, as it is now, with the 1.7 and QT versions, it's not working.