Philips CD-i. I can't run it through Rocketlauncher/RetroArch.ahk. But RetroArch alone works.

Imgema

RL Member
If i run this through RetroArch alone, it works. Did everything correctly, i have the correct bios, correctly named folders, etc. It took some trial and error but now it loads the games fine.

If i run it through Rocketlauncher/RetroArch module, i'm getting the MAME loading screen and it freezes there. I have to close RetroArch from Task Manager after that.

I'm using the regular mame_libretro.dll core.

Imgema

RL Member
Seems like changing the CLI parameter in the core options toggles being able to launch from one or the other. But never both at the same time.

Not a huge issue as i'm mostly interested in running from Hyperspin/RocketLauncher.

masticman

Supporter
RL Member
I generally use the Wcdiemu-v053b4emulator for this system but if you have it working fine in Retroarch then its should work ok with Rocketlauncher. You can try forcing the Retroarch module to use the latest Mame core in the module settings. You may also need to edit the Retroarch module auto hot key file (ahk) with notepad plus and add the system "Philips cdi" to the list of supported systems if the Retroarch module hasn't already got it included.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

jevansoh

RL Member
If i run this through RetroArch alone, it works. Did everything correctly, i have the correct bios, correctly named folders, etc. It took some trial and error but now it loads the games fine.

If i run it through Rocketlauncher/RetroArch module, i'm getting the MAME loading screen and it freezes there. I have to close RetroArch from Task Manager after that.

I'm using the regular mame_libretro.dll core.
Can you tell me exactly what you did to get this working? I'm having the exact same problem where it will work within Retroarch just fine but will not launch (and freezes) when launching through Rocketlauncher.

Thanks.

Flostingyeti

RL Member
Can you tell me exactly what you did to get this working? I'm having the exact same problem where it will work within Retroarch just fine but will not launch (and freezes) when launching through Rocketlauncher.

Thanks.
I can help but I need more information.

I assume you are launching CD-I with RetroArch(MAME core) and hopefully it's something as simple as checking your RA module.

MSystem :=
"Philips CD-i"

mTypeVar:="
Philips CD-i|mame_libretro|cdimono1

Basic addition but I have 107 games running with no issue.