PinballX with RL?

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
How would one go about setting this up? I would assume in the PinballX.ini set the executable to RocketLauncher instead of the pinball program and then some RL specific parameters in the parameters option? Not too sure what to put in there though.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
You would first need a basic plugin for RL to use, try looking at the retrofe plugin. That will get you launching at least, but no database support for media/fade. No system support in RLUI as well unless a plugin is made for RLUI.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I already have the plugin for PinballX made djvj.

Jeremy, give me one or two days and I will add to the wiki a guide to use PinballX with RocketLauncher.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Yup, saw it and implemented it, figured that was the way to go about it just wasn't sure of the command format it needed. No issues so far from what I can tell.

rgarcia112

RL Member
Hello, I followed ur guide but I can't make it work. I can open the BioLab on rocketlauncher but when I try it on pinballX it doesn't open it. It just try's to open it but then it goes back to pinballX. How can I find out if pinballX is launching rocketlauncher?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Welcome rgarcia!

Open your RocketLauncher log in RLUI and see if it was sent any commands. You would have had an error on screen if it did use RL but wasn't successful too.

rgarcia112

RL Member
Thanks djvj, I did see if RockerLauncher log had anything dealing with pinballx but it does not having anyting about pinballX. Im gonna try to follow the guide again and see if I have any luck.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
If RocketLauncher is not being launched it is possible that is a permissions issue.

Try set PinballX to run as admin and see if RocketLauncher is launched.

Edit: I just added Pinball FX2 specific instructions to the wiki together with a small troubleshooting section in order to try to help.

Last edited:

rgarcia112

RL Member
I started from scratch again. This time I tried Pinball FX2 specific instructions but now Rockerlauncher does not give me the option for Pinball FX2.

settings.jpgpinballxrocker.jpg

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Just want to make sure I am thinking correctly..... If I leave hyperspin as the active front end but run pinballx(or any other fe) then it will just use the settings for that system that I set under HS even if that other fe exists under rlui?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yes that is correct jeremy. RLUI will show and use your dbs from HS, but your FEs will use their own dbs. So it would be your job to make sure the dbs match in whatever format they use.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I started from scratch again. This time I tried Pinball FX2 specific instructions but now Rockerlauncher does not give me the option for Pinball FX2.

The RocketLauncherUI plugin for PinballX must be updated to show the Pinball FX2 system.

As a work around meanwhile you could create a custom system, name it as Pinball FX2, and keep it disabled.

Brolly, when the RocketLauncherUI plugin for PinballX was made, there were only two predefined systems on PinballX (Visual Pinball and Future Pinball) and all the others should use the custom ini systems structure. Right now PinballX has an extra predefined system, Pinball FX2, so you should update the RocketLauncherUI Plugin to look for the Pinball FX2 settings on the ini file, under the [PinballFX2] section, like you are already doing for the Future Pinball and Visual Pinball systems.
Here is how my PinballX\Config\PinballX.ini file looks right now if it helps you to understand the changes:
http://pastebin.com/LkHQ6XUJ

Edit: pastebin link updated to point to the correct file.

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
did you set the Pinball FX2 emulator on RocketLauncher?
What bluestacks has to do with Pinball?

Post your troubleshooting log so we could have more info.

rgarcia112

RL Member
I got it working. What I did was copied your
150.Parameters=-s "Pinball FX2" -r "[TABLEFILE]" -f "H:\Pinball\PinballX\PinballX.exe" -p PinballX

Instead of -s "Pinball Arcade" -r "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" -f "H:\Pinball\PinballX\PinballX.exe" -p PinballX (just change the Pinball

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Nice!!

All systems should use "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]".
I must have uploaded the wrong file. I will update that link with the correct one.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
sorry, I misunderstood them.

Did you guys tried to set skip checks to rom and emu while using the [TABLEPATH] alternative?