Problem on my end? =)

Grottroffe

Hi.

I've been using Launchbox + RocketLauncher for a while now with no problems at all but now something strange is going on and I just wanted to see if it is something wrong with my files or if it might be something that has popped up for others as well.

The problem is that I cannot see my systems in RocketLauncherUI anymore. The different systems that I have setup before are not showing. I can still run the games from Launchbox through RocketLauncher strangely enough, but as I can no longer get the systems to show I can't edit anything. I have tried to reinstall the Launchbox plugin in RocketLauncherUI but that did not help.

Is this something someone recognizes or can help me with? =)

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
You must probably need to set your default plugin on the RLUI > General Settings > RocketLauncher tab

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Grottroffe

You must probably need to set your default plugin on the RLUI > General Settings > RocketLauncher tab

Thanks for the quick response.
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to make a difference as there are still no systems showing. It's so strange because it has worked as intended earlier. Have they done some kind of file-structure change in Launchbox (using version 7.5 beta 4 as of today)? And as I wrote earlier, RL seems to get some kind of information correct as I can run the games and the Fade graphics and information is showing up as intended.

Update 1:
When I dug around some more I noticed that I for some reason can't select "LaunchBox" as the "RocketLauncherUI plugin" in the RocketLauncherUI -> Frontends settings. It doesn't even come up as a choice in the roll-down selection box. What can be the cause for this?

Update 2:
Now I found the problem but it took a while. =)
The reason some options didn't show up and the systems couldn't be found because of this was that I use a custom icon on the windows start-menu to start the program. This seems to interfere with where RLUI is looking for the different folders. As soon as I started the program from the usual explorer the things started working as intended once again.
Again thanks for the quick response and hopefully this information might help someone in the future.

Have a good one!

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I have no idea if they changed something on the Launchbox databases that could cause this. You could ask them if there were any changes on their databases entries on recent versions.
If anyone brings the changes to us we will surely make any changes necessary to update the frontend plugins to allow them to use RL, this should be something that the users of the frontend and its developer should bring to us as it is impossible to keep track of all front ends out there.
Even so, I would also wait to see if other users face the same problem to make sure it is not something on your end.
Did you tried to revert back to some previous version of launchbox to check if it is really a change made from them or something else that you could have changed meanwhile?

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Nice that its a much simpler fix.
About the differences faced when launched through a shortcut, brolly there is anything that you can do about that on the RLUI side?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Are you talking about launching RLUI from a shortcut or the frontend from a shortcut? If it's RLUI then you must set the working folder (aka start in) to point to the RLUI folder otherwise if you use relative paths they will most likely be referring to the wrong location.